What do you guys think of the Nissan Altima

jmcoreymv

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey, well I was thinking of saving some cash to buy a new car. I was thinking maybe a 99 Nissan Altima or something in its class. What do you guys think?

Brooks

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
'99 altima? Get a '98 Maxima instead. You'll be glad you did :) Its fast, large, and looks nice.

Brooks

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
http://www.nissancanada.com

Thats the canadian site...the Maxima is the larger version. Sentra > Altima > Maxima. It has 222 horsepower (the new ones), its just a damn nice car, everyone loves em. Sure u can get an altima, but I'd rather take a bottom of the line maxima than a high end altima any day of the week! The new ones look very nice, are very fast as well. The older ones (late 90's) are also very nice, and have a lot of power. I don't like altimas :(

Brooks

jmcoreymv

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
At autotrader.com the cheapest 98 maxima is 5 grand more then the cheapest 99 altima. 15k vs 10k. Im turning 16 soon and I doubt Ill be able to afford a maxima as nice as it is...I guess I could ask my boss for a raise but I doubt Id get one.

Brooks

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
Ah joey, yeah a 16 year old getting a maxima of that age is quite a pricey venture :)

HardTech

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
My first car was a 1993 Nissan Altima. It was a terrific car, I love it!
Then I got into a small fender bender and my sister took it away.
Now I drive a Honda!

Overall, if I were faced with buying another car I'd go with a Maxima. That or a BMW, but if my funds were limited I'd start saving my cash big time.

But if I had to buy one right now, I wouldn't regret buying a new Altima one bit. Those compare to 3xx BMW series!

jmcoreymv

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I havent bought a thing in a year and a half (including computerparts) im hardcore saving for a nice car....

markjrubin

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2000
Brooks,

I think that female icon is getting to you. I know of very few guys who'd rather have a bigger car with less options than a lesser car loaded.

jmcoreymv

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Prontospyder: The jetta is the girlie car!!!! :) All the girls at my school drive those...no way I am gonna get one of those...

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Focus and Sentra are garbage. I don't like Hondas anymore either.

Altima is good. Jetta is also good.

damien6

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Altima is pretty good it its class. It handles/corners well in high speed turns/chases whether it's loaded w/ 5 adults or just one. Stay away from anything Suzuki (flipped over once) or domestic vehicles unless they're trucks.

But if you're interested in buying a car, I seriously suggest you renting one (w/full coverage) and beat on it til you get tired of it or until it croaks. If you still like it or is left standing, that's you car. ;)

Brooks

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
marcjrubin

Really...? Well I know a couple of "guys" (brothers) who spent $25k Canadian on a fully loaded Cavalier, and those are the most girlie guys I know. I couldn't help but think: Fully loaded cavalier, or Mustang. Seems like an easy decision to me.

And then the prices are not that far off between a fully loaded altima and a base-line maxima. People looking at u don't know :) And you still have all 222 horses kicking some ass for you!

Brooks