What do you call those things where you can hang your shirt and pants after work?

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
I always thought they were called dressers but that's not correct. I want to try to clean up my after work routine. I have a bench by my bed where I usually just lay my shirt and pants neatly before I change into shorts and a casual shirt but it gets messy quickly.

The kind of thing I'm talking about has a free-standing hanger like thing to hang your shirt/tie/belt and a bar to hang your pants. Does anybody know what Im talking about?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
"garment rack"

i have a couple of racks hung on the bathroom doors

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
The one feature I like about the one I posted is the extra compartment for miscellaneous stuff. I could see that coming in handy.

I'm just glad I finally figured out what they're called. I've asked employees at places like Target and Meijers and asked "Do you guys have dressers?" and they look at me like I'm crazy. lol

Even when I tried to explain what it is.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
The one feature I like about the one I posted is the extra compartment for miscellaneous stuff. I could see that coming in handy.

I'm just glad I finally figured out what they're called. I've asked employees at places like Target and Meijers and asked "Do you guys have dressers?" and they look at me like I'm crazy. lol

Even when I tried to explain what it is.
They'd have to be from the East coast and/or be over 50 to have the cultural references to understand.