What do the Republicans have to do to win in 2016?

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Get over yourself and over your preconceived notions of what this forum is or should be.

No. I won't.

I can't stop you from being a troll enabler. And you can't stop me from complaining about it.

You are the single most reliable source of trollbait on this board. Nehalem knows exactly which of your buttons to push, and you respond EVERY time.

Since you consider your personal "amusement" more important than what this garbage does to the rest of the forum, maybe YOU are the one who should "get over himself".

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
That is not a moderate position, unless you consider more than half of the country to be "extreme". Support for gay marriage is above 50% nationally (54%, IIRC).

Then the majority of the country appears to take an extreme position.

Or a large number of people just got tired of listening to whining about gay marriage and "gave in". But still don't really support it, and would happily vote for a candidate that opposed gay marriage if they agreed with him otherwise.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
No. I won't.

That's fine.. I don't really care either way.

I can't stop you from being a troll enabler. And you can't stop me from complaining about it.

And I don't care how much you complain... it won't change anything, but go ahead and repeat the same failed actions and expect a different result. There's a name for that... and I think it's idiocy.

You are the single most reliable source of trollbait on this board. Nehalem knows exactly which of your buttons to push, and you respond EVERY time.

I'm glad you're annoyed by my amusement.

Since you consider your personal "amusement" more important than what this garbage does to the rest of the forum, maybe YOU are the one who should "get over himself".

You're the one who made my posts out to be something that pollutes the forum... so clearly you have a more inflated opinion about my importance than I do.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Then the majority of the country appears to take an extreme position.

No, it just means you're the one who is extreme.

Or a large number of people just got tired of listening to whining about gay marriage and "gave in". But still don't really support it, and would happily vote for a candidate that opposed gay marriage if they agreed with him otherwise.

That may be your hope, but fortunately it is just a dream.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
I'm glad you're annoyed by my amusement.

Okay, so you're as much of an asshole as nehalem. That explains why you like responding to him so much.

You're the one who made my posts out to be something that pollutes the forum... so clearly you have a more inflated opinion about my importance than I do.

Your Pavlovian responses to nehalem do pollute the forum, yes. And they encourage his trolling, which pollutes it further.

This says no more about your importance that it suggests that my neighbor's dogs are "important" if I want them to stop crapping all over my lawn.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Okay, so you're as much of an asshole as nehalem. That explains why you like responding to him so much.

You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Your Pavlovian responses to nehalem do pollute the forum, yes. And they encourage his trolling, which pollutes it further.

This says no more about your importance that it suggests that my neighbor's dogs are "important" if I want them to stop crapping all over my lawn.

You are very vocal about wanting something to stop, which makes that thing you want stopped quite important to you.. lest you wouldn't be so vocal.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

You prove how right it is with your own behavior.

You are very vocal about wanting something to stop, which makes that thing you want stopped quite important to you.. lest you wouldn't be so vocal.

Yes.. I want the trolling and the troll-enabling to stop, for the sake of all who care about intelligent discussion. That in no way implies that I have an "inflated opinion of your importance". It just means that you are part of the problem and I was trying to politely ask you to please stop. But you apparently don't care about anything other than your own amusement, which sort of makes you like a troll yourself.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
You prove how right it is with your own behavior.

It's easy to prove something to an idiot. The rest of us are more skeptical.

Yes.. I want the trolling and the troll-enabling to stop, for the sake of all who care about intelligent discussion. That in no way implies that I have an "inflated opinion of your importance". It just means that you are part of the problem and I was trying to politely ask you to please stop. But you apparently don't care about anything other than your own amusement, which sort of makes you like a troll yourself.

You keep asking, which means you keep considering the behavior.. and those who participate in it.. to be important; important enough to consistently respond to.

You're really the only one who has asked me to do this, so what does that mean? That you're the only one to take this forum too seriously or that my actions are important enough to warrant a response from you alone? Either way, it says more about you than it does me.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
You're really the only one who has asked me to do this, so what does that mean?

That most of the other people on this forum have given up on it. I haven't.

Anyway, since you've proven yourself to be just as much of a selfish dickhead as the other trolls around here, I'll just put you with them. Which is a shame, because you actually do make decent points when you aren't being a stubborn asshole for no reason. I've actually defended your position many times in the past, but apparently that doesn't matter either. So, bye.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
That most of the other people on this forum have given up on it. I haven't.

No, more likely they don't care enough to bother.

Anyway, since you've proven yourself to be just as much of a selfish dickhead as the other trolls around here, I'll just put you with them. Which is a shame, because you actually do make decent points when you aren't being a stubborn asshole for no reason. I've actually defended your position many times in the past, but apparently that doesn't matter either. So, bye.

You were the one that got your undies in a bunch, doesn't matter to me.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Republicans got like 25% of the latino vote. That's a HUGE problem.

Is it probable? No clue. It is possible though.

How do you propose that Republican pick up enough EV to win with their current batshit crazy platform? It ain't happening.

Those are the ones who didn't "Self Deport" :)

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
Polls:

Gay Marriage: 53 support, 46 oppose.

Abortion (Support in all cases, some cases, no cases): 28, 52, 18

Creationism: I'm embarrassed to post the poll numbers. We live in a country of stupid people. 46% believe in creationism.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Polls:

Creationism: I'm embarrassed to post the poll numbers. We live in a country of stupid people. 46% believe in creationism.

:eek:o_Oo_O

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Polls:

Sounds to me like teaching creationism in schools is pretty much as mainstream of a position as supporting gay marriage :D

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Sounds to me like teaching creationism in schools is pretty much as mainstream of a position as supporting gay marriage :D

I'm going to first apologize to all the gay folks on the board before saying this cracked me up.

I think I'm going to use that one for any argument relying on polls (I hate polls and consider a lot of them worthless junk)

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'm going to first apologize to all the gay folks on the board before saying this cracked me up.

I think I'm going to use that one for any argument relying on polls (I hate polls and consider a lot of them worthless junk)

What about polls do you consider worthless junk? They are tools like a knife; used correctly very useful. Used poorly, bad results.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
republican cant win in desperate times. their ideas are regressive and retrograde. there's a reason FDR was president for life and Clinton would be too if republican congress did put terms limits in..

dems fix it repubs fuk it up. we got fuk ups to fix here

its like ppl strt felling rich again after dems and like we want it all so they eelct republicans who promise to keep it all... that dont last very long

Last edited: