What do the kids like these days? (3-6 years old)

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
I work as a ski instructor primarily with 3 to 6 year olds. The season is starting up again and it's time to start learning what the kids like. Last year it was Dora the Explorer and Disney classics. Still applicable? I don't have kids, so sometimes it's hard to figure out what they like.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: illusion88
I work as a ski instructor primarily with 3 to 6 year olds. The season is starting up again and it's time to start learning what the kids like. Last year it was Dora the Explorer and Disney classics. Still applicable? I don't have kids, so sometimes it's hard to figure out what they like.

yeah dora and anything with princess's.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Boys or girls? My son likes Transformers, Spiderman, Justice League, Spongebob...pretty much anything on Nicktoons.

Chryso

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2004
Those are both good. You may want some Diego stuff for boys. My nephew doesn't like Dora stuff because since Dora is a girl all Dora stuff is therefore girl stuff. Stickers would be good. You can stick them on their ski jackets.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
My little cousin (female) is obsessed with Dora the explorer, Animal planet, and generally anything to do with animals.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Mine is 4 and a boy. This Christmas, it is all about action figures from his favorite super heroes and TV shows. Other posters have already mentioned examples. I also plan to get him some toy weapons to play with (OH NOES! NOT VIOLENCE! ;)). He is also big on video games from all consoles and PC as long as they don't require a lot of reading to figure out how to play.

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Thomas the Train is a pretty big deal at our house ( 1 yr old & 5 yr old boy)

TXHokie

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 1999
My 4 yrs old boy likes Spiderman and Donald Duck. He dumped Thomas and Diego.
The 6 yrs old girl is into anything princess and those characters from the Backyardigans. She just dumped Dora.