What do snails eat?!?!

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
WTF! I have an aquiarium with a snail in it. Thats it. Havent done anything to the tank for probably 2 months. I *thought* he was dead but right now he's crawlin up the wall!! What the hell do they eat?!

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
They eat algae. You can also get algae pellets to feed them. The pellets provide a well rounded diet for them.

Jetblade

Banned
Aug 21, 2003
Why the hell you trying to kill it?!?!? :|

Let it go if your not going to take care of it.

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Jetblade
Why the hell you trying to kill it?!?!? :|

Let it go if your not going to take care of it.
DO NOT "LET IT GO!!"
rolleye.gif
Releasing fish, snails, etc into the wild can cause environmental catastrophe.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Mermaidman
Originally posted by: JetbladeWhy the hell you trying to kill it?!?!? :|Let it go if your not going to take care of it.
DO NOT "LET IT GO!!"
rolleye.gif

how so?

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Linux23
Originally posted by: Mermaidman
Originally posted by: JetbladeWhy the hell you trying to kill it?!?!? :|Let it go if your not going to take care of it.
DO NOT "LET IT GO!!"
rolleye.gif

how so?

From Text:
Some nonnative species have been deliberately introduced in the U.S.-nonnative plants, like kudzu, were introduced to control soil erosion; European birds were introduced to make colonists feel more at home; and game fish have been widely transferred to stock sport fisheries. Some agricultural crops and trees have escaped plantations and become pests, and the importation of agricultural and forestry products has brought assorted pest species and diseases into new areas. Nonnative ornamental plants are used in landscaping around homes and businesses. Many have moved into natural landscapes, some with significant ecological or economic impacts. Increased trade in unusual pets introduces an increasing variety of species which may escape or be released by owners. The aquarium trade is the source of a large number of aquatic species accidentally or intentionally released into waterways. Aquaculture has also increased the spread of fish and other aquatic species and associated diseases. Huge metal containers used in shipping goods via boat, train, and truck provide entry for seeds and small animals to new locales. Thousands of species of marine organisms were and are moved around the world on ship bottoms, and hundreds more have been moved globally by the wholesale transfer of edible oysters for "replanting." It is estimated that more than 10,000 marine species each day may hitch rides around the globe in the ballast water of cargo ships (see Aquatic Hitchhikers). Flooding can also transport nonnative aquatic and marsh species to new regions.
As for aquatic pets, an example is African cichlids. Those fish are very aggressive and drive out native US fish when introduced into the wild.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
I'm not TRYING to kill it you vasshat! I thought it was dead! But its not, and I was curious why, and since its still alive what I should do to keep it that way.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Shockwave
I'm not TRYING to kill it you vasshat! I thought it was dead! But its not, and I was curious why, and since its still alive what I should do to keep it that way.

I guess you could do what you are doing now.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I think snails like to eat leather, iron ore, and mousepads, though I could be wrong here.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Organic matter. :p

Aquatic snails eat algae and related stuff.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: ReiAyanami
they eat salt. its their favorite snack

*L*
I'll be sure to give it a healthy dose of salt. Lemme guess, all that foam that comes off is mouth orgasm juice, which means to give it more salt right?

DannyBoy

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2002
www.danj.me

*L*
I'll be sure to give it a healthy dose of salt. Lemme guess, all that foam that comes off is mouth orgasm juice, which means to give it more salt right?

Causing it to melt into pure heaven

quite literally

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: DannyBoy

*L*

Causing it to melt into pure heaven

quite literally

then you can drink them! :p

snails are commonly used to keep your aquariums from building up that layer of green scum. they go around and clean the whole place up great.