What do I need to know about Pepper Spray?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Tominator
Martial arts are a joke! Give me a baseball bat and I'll put just about any 'Xpert! down in short order!

A baseball bat? If you had a gun, I'd put my money on you... but a baseball bat ? No.

mithrandir2001

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
I've wondered why people intent on causing a ruckus (e.g. college kids charging the field wanting to tear down goal posts) don't carry pepper spray and turn around to spray back at the cops who spray them. Create an omindirectional plume of noxious fumes.

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: rh71
Martial arts are a joke! Give me a baseball bat and I'll put just about any 'Xpert! down in short order!

A baseball bat? If you had a gun, I'd put my money on you... but a baseball bat ? No.

Ok, keep the bat. Anyone with even a rudimentry knowledge of boxing will hold their own against most any so-called martial artist. I've had some training with both boxing and Karate. Mosrt folks seem to BELIEVE what they see on those totally bogus martial arrts movies!

But we are off the subject.

Unless you are willing to use DEADLY force, that is a GUN, your best mode of defense is a strong set of legs with lungs to match! NEVER become physically involved with an attacker. NEVER!

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: MrsSkoorb
Originally posted by: Millennium
Canada treats any form of pepper spray jusy like a gun. Many cities and towns in the US have nearly the same restrictions. Stun guns are included! Using one will get you jail time. 'Mace' is probably outlawed as well.

You've already said a gun is not an option.

Get used to living in the area you live in or move. Sorry, but those are your options....

Hoover has non-existant crime except for rare occasions. Most crime is concentrated in pockets in which illegal aliens live.

I wouldn't be using it in Hoover....

Bham or Nooga you might need it!!!

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Get the stuff with marker dye and 10% strength or better................;)

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001

Ok, keep the bat. Anyone with even a rudimentry knowledge of boxing will hold their own against most any so-called martial artist. I've had some training with both boxing and Karate. Mosrt folks seem to BELIEVE what they see on those totally bogus martial arrts movies!

Unless you are willing to use DEADLY force, that is a GUN, your best mode of defense is a strong set of legs with lungs to match! NEVER become physically involved with an attacker. NEVER!

bruce lee pwns joo!!!!! hahahaha

on subject though - have you considered a taser? i mean it's probably more effective than a bottle of spray, can be used in close range.....since the time it takes to react might not be enough....and if it's on a keychain, it won't get away from you AND it's at belt level, and you know what that means for guys....:Q

MomAndSkoorbaby

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Lithium381

on subject though - have you considered a taser? i mean it's probably more effective than a bottle of spray, can be used in close range.....since the time it takes to react might not be enough....and if it's on a keychain, it won't get away from you AND it's at belt level, and you know what that means for guys....:Q

Giggle...it means the guys winkie gets tasered. :p

snooker

Platinum Member
Apr 13, 2001
Originally posted by: MrsSkoorb
Originally posted by: Lithium381

Giggle...it means the guys winkie gets tasered. :p

lol!!!! Winkie LOL!!!!!!!:)