What do I do now?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: FoBoT
don't report a non-existent dvd as broken
report it as never received or lost

:p

there wasn't an option for that, at least not an option where i didn't have to pay for the dvd

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: Baloo
Wow, I've seen better problem solving skills in a 3 year old. Responders suggesting reporting it as never received FTW.

yeah, how did people ever navigate their way through 24 hours before they could post on the intratubes to get someone else to decide whether to wipe from front to back or back to front

again, reading comprehension FTL!!

how do you navigate your way through 24 hours without understanding a damn thing you read? I already said in my OP what i did about it. I'm just asking what will happen if they never receive the dvd i reported as broken...

everyone is so quick to "pwn" someone else and they end up "pwning" themselves.

You world be amazed at how few women know to wipe from front to back.

UTI FTL

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Wow, I've seen better problem solving skills in a 3 year old. Responders suggesting reporting it as never received FTW.

yeah, how did people ever navigate their way through 24 hours before they could post on the intratubes to get someone else to decide whether to wipe from front to back or back to front

again, reading comprehension FTL!!

how do you navigate your way through 24 hours without understanding a damn thing you read? I already said in my OP what i did about it. I'm just asking what will happen if they never receive the dvd i reported as broken...

everyone is so quick to "pwn" someone else and they end up "pwning" themselves.

You reported it broken when really you never received it - right? And you think that was smart? They have an option to report that you never received the disc. That seems to more accurately describe your situation than "broken."

sciencewhiz

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000

Wow, epic reading comprehension fail in this thread.

I never got the DVD, just like 1/4 of the envelope it comes in.

there isn't an option to report that you never received it. there's a link for it but it just says wait a few days or something. The only option to report it as lost or stolen is to also pay for it. I didn't lose it so fuck if i'm going to pay it.

Did you consider waiting a few days (like they said) and then reporting it missing?

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001

there wasn't an option for that, at least not an option where i didn't have to pay for the dvd

since when do you have to pay for a lost dvd?

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: rockyct

since when do you have to pay for a lost dvd?

i thought they only made abusers pay
over the 2-3 years we've had netflix, we have had a couple discs either never show or never get back to them and we never had to pay for the lost dvds

Chryso

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2004
Mail the part you received back to them with the damaged tag included then put the movie back in your queue.

imported_Baloo

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2006
So you reported a DVD you never received as broken. A big WTF for that. I received acouple broken, once they got the broken one back, they shipped a replacement. So how are you going to send a DVD you never received back? Like I said, I've sen better problem solving skills in a 3-yr-old.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
So you reported a DVD you never received as broken. A big WTF for that. I received acouple broken, once they got the broken one back, they shipped a replacement. So how are you going to send a DVD you never received back? Like I said, I've sen better problem solving skills in a 3-yr-old.

because the only fucking report as lost option requires you to pay for it.

these are my options

The DVD is damaged, scratched or unplayable
I received the wrong DVD
I haven't received the DVD yet

I returned this DVD, but Netflix hasn't received it
I have lost or damaged this DVD and would like to pay for it
I don't have the white sleeve or red envelope to return the DVD

the option for not receiving it only says this:

Please be aware that there are occasional postal & shipping delays. Please wait until 02/29/08 before reporting this DVD as lost

tw1164

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 1999
Text

Click on "Other" on the lower right hand side.

1-888-638-3549 24 hours a day

/me head explodes

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

That option means that *you* lost it, not the USPS. You need the "USPS lost it" option.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001

How do you know this? Out of all the experiences here I don't think one person even remotely supports your view that selecting one dvd as lost will cause them to charge you for it.

You = "epic reading comprehension fail" not everyone else.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Bryophyte

That option means that *you* lost it, not the USPS. You need the "USPS lost it" option.

thats what i'm saying. there is no option for this.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: rockyct

How do you know this? Out of all the experiences here I don't think one person even remotely supports your view that selecting one dvd as lost will cause them to charge you for it.

You = "epic reading comprehension fail" not everyone else.

i'm looking at the screen. the option is not there. thats how i know it...

i'm not syaing they will charge me for it. i'm asking if they will. no one has yet said whether they will or not.

so who has the reading comprehension problem again?

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Bryophyte

thats what i'm saying. there is no option for this.

Look at tw1164's link above. Put lost DVD in the search box and see what comes up.

Some exampes:

"Q: A DVD you sent has not arrived. Will you send another copy?
A: Of course we will. Just let us know about the missing DVD by going to the Activity page, in Your Account, and reporting the DVD as lost. We'll send you a replacement movie right away.

If the original DVD eventually does arrive in the mail, simply return it to us in the prepaid envelope. If you've misplaced the sleeve, make sure to return the movie with a note including the name and email address that goes with your account, because we can?t give you credit for returning the movie without this information. If you find the white sleeve later, just discard it."

Q: Do I have to pay if I lose or damage a disc and it's not my fault?
A: We understand that a DVD may sometimes be lost during shipping through no fault of the customer. So we replace lost movies at no charge.

If a large number of lost DVD reports are filed for an account, the account will be placed under review and the customer will be notified via email."

gleong

Oct 9, 1999

these are my options

The DVD is damaged, scratched or unplayable
I received the wrong DVD
I haven't received the DVD yet

I returned this DVD, but Netflix hasn't received it
I have lost or damaged this DVD and would like to pay for it
I don't have the white sleeve or red envelope to return the DVD

the option for not receiving it only says this:

Please be aware that there are occasional postal & shipping delays. Please wait until 02/29/08 before reporting this DVD as lost

So because they're asking you to wait a day before reporting the DVD as lost is cause for reporting the DVD as broken? :confused: Why not just wait a day like they ask so they replace the DVD without charging you for it?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
the dvd isn't late

i received 1/4 of the envelope that the dvd comes in inside a USPS "damaged mail" plastic sleeve. it'll be a miracle if that dvd shows up at my house.

A: Of course we will. Just let us know about the missing DVD by going to the Activity page, in Your Account, and reporting the DVD as lost. We'll send you a replacement movie right away.

i did that. THERE IS NO OPTION FOR THAT.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
so the option that says "I haven't received the DVD yet " doesn't apply?
do you have the dvd? or did you receive the dvd? or do you not have the dvd? if you don't have the dvd, then that may be similar to "I haven't received the DVD yet "

remember, we don't work for netflix customer service, we are just unpaid internet forum volunteers

gleong

Oct 9, 1999

the dvd isn't late

i received 1/4 of the envelope that the dvd comes in inside a USPS "damaged mail" plastic sleeve. it'll be a miracle if that dvd shows up at my house.

If the DVD isn't late, then where is it? Do you have it in your possession? If you haven't received the DVD, then wouldn't the "I haven't received the DVD yet" option apply to your situation?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
so the option that says "I haven't received the DVD yet " doesn't apply?
do you have the dvd? or did you receive the dvd? or do you not have the dvd? if you don't have the dvd, then that may be similar to "I haven't received the DVD yet "

remember, we don't work for netflix customer service, we are just unpaid internet forum volunteers

the "i haven't received it' option just tells me to wait a few days. Its not that its lost or hasn't arrived, i received 1/4 of the envelope it comes in. this piece of the envelope was inside a plastic bag labeled "USPS damaged mail item" or something like that. the actual disc and rest of the envelope are missing somewhere out there in mailspace.

i know you guys aren't netflix employees but i'd figure you guys would be smart enough to be able to understand english.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: gleong

the dvd isn't late

If the DVD isn't late, then where is it? Do you have it in your possession? If you haven't received the DVD, then wouldn't the "I haven't received the DVD yet" option apply to your situation?

i'd liek to know how the dvd would arrive to my house without an address and 1/4 of the envelop missing...think about it for a second......