What did you get for Christmas?

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
I got a Peavey Rage 158 amp, woohoo. :D It's just what I wanted, but not what I expected. :)

I was actually expecting to get some computer crap (but I'm sick of getting that all the time, even though my computer is !@#$ed)... I really wanted an amp, and I actually got one, I was truly surprised for once! :)

I also got some new strings and an electric tuner, which is nice to have.

I can't wait till the first day of school, me and my friend are both gonna bring our amps and guitars to school, 'gonna be fun. :)

-RSI

ChrichtonsGirl

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2000
Lots of gift certificates (I've finally crossed that line into "hard to buy for"), a new set of dishes (the ex got the nice ones in the divorce, so I've been dealing with odds and ends because I was too cheap to buy myself a nice set again).

My son was buried in presents, the little booger made out like I never did. My parents spoil him rotten, he got five new Nintendo games, three GameBoy games, three computer games, a new Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick and a new TV. This from the same two people that used to buy me a Barbie doll and a few books - guess there are benefits to being the only grandchild.

(and for the person who was wondering about MechWarrior 4 - both my son and brother love it, it's much more realistic than 1, 2 or 3, with great graphics and a new workshop for customization - that's about all I observed, but they were oohing and aahing over it)

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
heheh...

Hey, I didn't know you were a mom. :D I would have never guessed by reading most of your posts.. I guess I stereotype "parents" because of what my parents and my cousin's and friend's parents are like. :p None of them seem as cool as you or Collen. :D

Anyways.. woah, your son really does seem spoiled by your parents! :Q

Oh well, at least you get to see your kid all happy and stuff. :p

-RSI

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
Hey Viper GTS - I read that thread - sorry about that, must have sucked bad. :(

-RSI

ChrichtonsGirl

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2000
<sniff> I love you, RSI! I'm an ancient 33 - but glad I look younger in cyberspace. ;)

Yeah, it was nice seeing my son happy - his dad's a real turd, he didn't buy him anything this year, but told him when he &quot;could&quot; buy a new PS2, he would &quot;try&quot; to get him one for Christmas and his birthday (in February). Anyway, I digress - he's a great kid, and fortunately for me, he doesn't seem &quot;spoiled&quot; - he always shares his stuff with his friends and we do charity stuff together. He's 8, but headed up his third grade food pantry drive, so I think he deserves some extra stuff now and then.

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
lol :D I definitely wouldn't have guessed 33 :D. My mom is ... 39 (i think.. LOL). Little-16 for me...

I'm not spoiled, but I'm not very generous either. :p :)

-RSI

Fathom5

Nov 3, 2000
ChrichtonsGirl, sounds to me like your son has been raised very well in spite of the fact his father is a &quot;turd&quot;. LOL Sounds to me like your doing a wonderful job raising him and you are to be commended. You're obviously a great Mom and your son is a reflection of that effort. ;)

An ancient 33? Doh, now I'm depressed. ;)