What channel does Google Android use for data?

SinfulWeeper

Diamond Member
Sep 2, 2000
Does not matter if it is GSM or CDMA. Fire up a new phone, factory reset a phone, or turning off WiFi .. a phone always gets out a message 'i am alive' out somehow. I want to change my mobile data and WiFi to those frequencies. I even went so far as to allow only 1 mac address on my wireless router to be allowed and the new phone was not on that lovely short list. Yet it somehow still transmitted through my router.

Tracfone/safelink are renouned for being @sses at mobile data and Voice time. Yet time gets taken off without even using the dang phone other than turning it on. But it is not only them. Finding it to be true on all carriers that the message gets out past a blockade. I want access to said frequencies as having mobile data and WiFi off is not an option when you fire a phone up for the first time or reset it. No telling how much data is transmitted on those frequencies.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Does not matter if it is GSM or CDMA. Fire up a new phone, factory reset a phone, or turning off WiFi .. a phone always gets out a message 'i am alive' out somehow. I want to change my mobile data and WiFi to those frequencies. I even went so far as to allow only 1 mac address on my wireless router to be allowed and the new phone was not on that lovely short list. Yet it somehow still transmitted through my router.

Tracfone/safelink are renouned for being @sses at mobile data and Voice time. Yet time gets taken off without even using the dang phone other than turning it on. But it is not only them. Finding it to be true on all carriers that the message gets out past a blockade. I want access to said frequencies as having mobile data and WiFi off is not an option when you fire a phone up for the first time or reset it. No telling how much data is transmitted on those frequencies.

Cellular voice and data aren't reserved for a specific wireless channel... it just goes out over whatever's available and prioritized. Short of pulling out your phone's SIM (on GSM/HSPA carriers) or deactivating service (CDMA), you're not going to eliminate the possibility of wireless use. Chewing up voice time, though? I would ask your carrier what's up. Not that they can necessarily prevent it, but it might not even be something on the phone itself.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Phones are going to ping a cell tower unless it's booted up in airplane more or without a SIM card. Only way to stop it otherwise would be to boot it up inside a Faraday cage.

SinfulWeeper

Diamond Member
Sep 2, 2000
I have no computer atm. So messing around with my phones till i can somehow get a new laptop or desktop. Wish i could get all my facebook friends to paypal me 25 dollars so i can get a nice one... heck... i would even settle for every Anandtech registered user send a dollar... lol

Just finding out odd things on my phones with a lack of a computer and lots of time... i so need a life