What cars sold in CANADA come with side airbags?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Apparently the 2001 Civics are not available with sidebags in Canada - an option in the US. Ah how...silly, so what cars _in Canada_ are available with airbags? Cheap cars BTW, BMW or Merc is no help to me.

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Have you checked VW? The Jetta come with them in the US and it saved a friend's life.

Windogg

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I know! I want them bad, but I don't think there are any cars that I can afford (in Canada) with them - I was going to get a 2001 Civic because they have them in the US but not in Canada...and if a brand new VW is the cheapest car in Canada I can't score one! Grr.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Like does the Ford focus in canada...? Not that I want a focus but I'd consider it if this was the case... just checked ford.ca - looks like Fords in Canada are side air-bag free.

It looks like for some unknown reason canada doesn't allow manufacturers to put in side air bags right now.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Thats why i said "Cheap cars BTW, BMW or Merc is no help to me" Volvos are about twice as much as I wanna pay :)

UN1Xnut

Oct 9, 1999
Unfortunately, side air bags are considered a luxuary item at this time. Thus that perception will cary into the types of cars that they are put into.

For something cheap, I would suggest looking into an early 90s European car anyways. You can get early 90s Audi, BMW, or Volvo for less than $10K USD.

-nut

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
He's looking for safety..i think a bike is the last thing on his mind!

Skoorb maybe we have some dumb regulation not allowing side airbags yet...you know, stuff ALWAYS takes longer to get "approved" in Canada :disgust: