what card to get for Adobe Premiere Pro ?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Unless I am missing something, it doesn't come with any card. The Xeon would be great for a video editing CPU, but e3 has no discreet graphics, so you will indeed have to buy something.

First, though: for Premiere I would recommend bumping that up to 16gb RAM.

And what is "cheap" for you? I would suggest something like the AMD 4gb 470 for about $170 or wait for the nVidia 1050/1050 ti (for pricing and performance comparison) on the low end for a good "occasional" video editor.

There is some super smarty pants around here that made an excellent post in a thread about video rendering not too long ago--wish I could find it. It used to be that Premiere was heavily optimized for CUDA core architecture (nVidia only), but that is no longer true. It's an either/or thing these days.

Edit: also, looking at that PSU, I'm confused with the 1x 280W (85% fixed) power rating with 450W max.

With that CPU, a current gen GPU, and whatever number of storage drives you attach to that thing (unless you are going to attach some sort of self-powered JBOD?), you also might want to replace the PSU. 450W max is kinda low, but you should be fine in that 1050/1060/470 range (especially the new nVidia cards which are great at power efficiency).