Info What car uses vacuum electric pump?

YuliApp

Dec 27, 2017
desirehive.com
Hi, in the quest to disaster-proof my truck, i am looking for OEM electric vacuum pump for the brake system.

I know there are aftermarket kits, but i am specifically looking for OEM component i can get from regular parts store as it is extremely hard to get anything "special" here. Power is not really that important as the truck doesn't really brake much anyway so can be from a small car too.

If you know about belt driven vacuum pump, which doesn't needs oil and is bracket-, not engine- mounted and from 2000+ car, i would like to hear that too.

TIA!!

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I drove several older BMW's that used electric vacuum pumps for the HVAC system. They're generally NOT sufficient for the brake system.

Summit sells aftermarket electric vacuum pumps that should work:

Last edited:
Reactions: YuliApp

YuliApp

Dec 27, 2017
desirehive.com
BMW uses sadly engine mounted, not belt driven and i cannot get summit here delivered. I know about the kits, i wanted OEM product.

But i found on the summit website some GM original replacement, maybe i can ask about the original. that is already a progress, thank you

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
BMW uses sadly engine mounted, not belt driven and i cannot get summit here delivered. I know about the kits, i wanted OEM product.

But i found on the summit website some GM original replacement, maybe i can ask about the original. that is already a progress, thank you

Those could easily be mounted to something other than the engine. Fender, or other steel structure under the hood.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
they look like they have a gearbox on entry side, to be mounted on engine directly. Not electric. I mean the BMW ones i saw.

There are a few on that Summit page that are mechanical, but MOST are electric.

Reactions: YuliApp

YuliApp

Dec 27, 2017
desirehive.com
There are a few on that Summit page that are mechanical, but MOST are electric.

Yes i wrote me few numbers down which they are supposed to replace and will try to track them here locally. As said before summit is not help for me i need OEM part from whatever, prefferably japanese carmaker.