What camera parameter causes this artifact?

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
In this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0IX7RAavNo

You should at least check or mute your sound before that loads! :p

There's no way that cone is really moving like that. The frame rate looks normal (30f/s). Will shutter speed cause this?

I have video cameras with optical stabilization and if that's left on while the camera is c-mounted the video picks up the movement of the ship! The servos are moving the elements to counter ship moving which makes the captured image move. (freaky looking) I don't believe camera phones and cheap PS cameras have OPTICAL stabilizers. I have a 780is that supposedly does but have not played around with it.

We have some big bass bins but they are scoops (horns) and the drivers are not visible nor do they move as much as those clunker (rice) speakers do.

Anyone take video of crazy speakers and see this before?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
my first thought is shutter speed, or shitty optical stabilizers?

is it proper to think that low frequency sound waves would be causing some sort of refraction?

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
my first thought is shutter speed, or shitty optical stabilizers?

is it proper to think that low frequency sound waves would be causing some sort of refraction?

I've never seen laser beams bend during high volume jam sessions. ;)
Others may but that's because they aren't sober. :D

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Could it just be the timing? Perhaps the top row is getting "set" earlier than the following rows. The distortion seems to be perpendicular to the bottom/top of the video and not in any relation to the speaker itself.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
So that's what people mean by flabby bass.

Haha all of the videos sound quite flatulent but the camera's mic is way overloaded. Of course I've heard some of those cars and it's quite one-notey. :rolleyes:

I've seen this artifact on my strobotach videos which were on my (now deleted) personal youtube account. It's definitely some kind of timing issue. The professional video cameras don't do this nor do they get those bright vertical lines on bright objects.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Here's another example. You hit it on the head!

Watch out for those falling boomerangs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVwmtwZLG88&

I wear goggles around Class IV lasers because I cannot shutter a flash. ;)

"NUTS!"

Quite intriguing how applicable that famous quote is in everyday life. :D

I love you ATOT. I learn something new everyday.

uh, this. I have never seen this before in any video, and had no idea it was a problem.
I knew there was something definitely causing the perceived odd cone behavior in the OP's video.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
The Nikon D-90 has a horrendous rolling shutter problem, making it about impossible to make a movie that includes panning the scene. The whole world goes wobbly.