What are your New Year's Resolutions?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
resolution(s):

drop 70 lbs
get buff
get girlfriend
get life.

i'm hoping to accomplish at least 1.

xxAgentCowxx

Jan 26, 2003
my resolutions are:
-Increase alcohol-cost efficiency by spilling less beer
-Use George Foreman grill to make hamburgers to go with beer
-Get caught on ATOT by my boss less, in turn getting yelled at less
-To find a girl to see thats NOT dumb as a doorknob
-Get a ticket for going over 100mph in my 88 Camry 4cyl, then dispute the ticket saying my car doesn't go that fast
-Convince my roommate to put down at least a few of his dogs that are too big to walk and in turn pee on themselves in the house

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Fausto
Okay...my serious resolution (like I ever wear pants anyway) is to upgrade my road racing (cycling) license from Cat 3 to Cat 2. I'm pretty sure I can do it, I just need to buckle down and do some serious training this year.

FYI- the categories in cycling are 1-5 (1=highest, 5=n00b). You move to the next highest Cat by placing top 6 in a USCF event (7point for 1st, 5 for 2nd, down to 1 point for 6th). When you have X number of points (I'll need 30 over 12 months) you can petition your rep to cat up.

The only downside is that the 2s usually race against 1s and pros so I could conceivably end up racing against Lance Armstrong's teammates next year if I manage to cat up (USPS does compete in many domestic races and a few of his teammates live up the road in Greenville, SC).

It's unpossible :Q Knowing that you ride in a thong........... I am sure all the other cat 1 & 2 people will not want you in the lead ;) and the "broom truck" will sweep you away ;)

Cheers,
Aquaman

ps. Good Luck :)

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: pillage2001
Originally posted by: tk149
1. To bench press my own body weight
2. To lose 40 pounds so i can bench press my own body weight
3. TO stop posting on ATOT when I'm drunk like right now.
4. TO finsish the Cheuquamagon bike race this year 'cuz now i dont have a girflriend who quits and take sme down with her
5. to get another girlfirend but not get another broken heart
6. to work hard and get a cool bonus next year too and hopefully get a promotion from grunt to head grunt 3rd class
7. to not get depressed again
8. to finish law school
9. to learn mandarin
10. to spend more time with my nephew and nieces
11. to not nef so much (and what the heck does NEF stand for anyway?)
12. to give light to those I may be associated with as I travel along life's pathway! (ANy fellow AKAK'ers around?)
13. to be the lucky number

Good luck, you need it. :)
Thanks! :) Let me add another...

14. To increase my luck by ripping the feet off many rabbits. j/k :p

But I am serious about accomplishing everything on that list. I realized that the only thing stopping me from doing any of that is ME, and I'm a big pushover. :)