What are YOUR favorite oldies?

Jonny

Golden Member
Oct 26, 1999
Good day everyone!! Iam working on making my mom "the ultimate" oldies music collection. Since I don't know that many good oldies, I was hoping for a little imput from ya'll. :)

So far I have:

So happy together
Do you love me (now that I can dance)
and Its my party

Any more good songs would be awesome!!

Thanks!

unxpurg8d

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000

Go to TVmusic4you.com and look at the decade you're interested in compiling a CD of. There's a lot of great oldies I couldn't even remember the names of. :)

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
you gotta at least tell us what year it should be from, like 80's or 60's or what?

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Yup, I've started to realize that 'oldie' is a subjective term!

I like:

Son of a Preacher Man Dusty Springfield

just about anything Motown

and some of that funky psychedelic stuff, like Incense and Peppermints.

:)

uncouth

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
"Down in the Boondocks"
"Chain Gang"
"Mr. Tambourine Man"
"Stand by Me"
"Sound of Silence"
"In My Room"

sharkeeper

Lifer
Jan 13, 2001
How many people see those commercials on the boob tube that want to sell two cd's for $29.99? They play a few songs and flash the names. Once you place the name with the song, you go right to napster and get it! hehe

Cheers!

Jonny

Golden Member
Oct 26, 1999
Thanks guys!!!!!!!! Thats an great start.

About the time range...I don't know :eek:....well I would imagine 60's and 70's.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
"Wake up Little Suzie" and anything by Buddy Holly. "Cherish" by The Association is one of my mother's favorites as well.

Zenmervolt

HoundDog

Apr 30, 2000
Here are a few possibilities, by no means comprehensive, just what cane to mind:

Rolling Stones - "Brown Sugar", "Gimme Shelter", "Satisfaction"

Beatles - Almost anything, how about "Yesterday", "All You Need Is Love", "Hey Jude", "Let It Be", "Get Back"

Kinks - "All Day And All Of The Night", "Lola", "Till The End Of The Day", "Waterloo Sunset". "20th Century Man"

The Who - "I Can't Explain", "My Generation", "Substitute", "Baba O'Riley", "Won't Get Fooled Again", "Love Reign O'Er Me", "Who Are You"

Jimi Hendrix - "Hey Joe", "Manic Depression", "Little Wing", "Crosstown Traffic"

Bob Dylan - "Blowin' in the Wind", "Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall", "Times They Are A-Changing", "Mr. Tambourine Man", "Like a Rolling Stone", "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight", "Tangled up in Blue"

Led Zeppelin - "Good Times Bad Times", "Communication Breakdown", "Whole Lotta Love", "Heartbreaker", "Rock & Roll", "Stairway to Heaven", "Kashmir"

The Clash - "I'm So Bored with the U.S.A.", "Clash City Rockers", "(White Man) In Hammersmith Palais", "London Calling", "Clampdown" "Train in Vain", "Somebody Got Murdered", "Police on My Back", "Call Up", "Should I Stay or Should I Go", "Rock the Casbah"

The Ramones - "Blitzkrieg Bop", "Beat on the Brat", "Gimmie Shock Treatment", "Sheena Is a Punk Rocker", "Pinhead", "Cretin Hop", "Teenage Lobotomy", "I Wanna Be Sedated"

The Sex Pistols - "Holiday in the Sun", "God Save the Queen", "Anarchy in the U.K." "Pretty Vacant"

The Pretenders - "Tattooed Love Boys", "Kid", "Brass in Pocket", "Talk of the Town", "Middle of the Road", "My City Was Gone"

U2 - "I Will Follow", "Where the Streets Have No Name", "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", "With or Without You", "Even Better Than the Real Thing", "One", "Mysterious Ways"

Talking Heads - "Psycho Killer", "Take Me to the River", "Life During Wartime", "Once in a Lifetime", "Burning Down the House"

Jonny

Golden Member
Oct 26, 1999
Wow, thanks everyone!!!!

This should be good...I don't think I want to have music as new as U2, but that nice old stuff, you know...with the crappy sound quality and all. :)

WetSprocket

Mar 13, 2000
Edgar Winter Group-Free Ride
Grateful Dead-Stuck in the Middle
Ides of March-Vehicle
Isaac Hays-Shaft
Looking Glass-Brandy
War and Eric Burdon-Spill The Wine
War-Low Rider

Those Stick out in my mind...