What are you playing nowadays? Share yo' thoughts.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I started getting into Star Wars EAW again with the latest version of Thrawn's Revenge.

Reactions: vabularces

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I got the OW2 beta through Twitch drop. I played it for several matches.

It's brawly and not team-fight oriented. Some folks are starting to complain.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Cant believe no one is playing hunt: showdown. Its easily the most intense game ive played. Prettyuch that and some BFV if my buddies arent around.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Still World of Tanks.

Mostly because I don't have time or energy to try something new :p

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Ever since I beat Castle Crashers with my kids, I've been on the hunt for a new 4 player couch co-op game to play through with them. I know Alien Hominid Invasion is going to be dropping from Behemoth which should provide an experience similar to Castle Crashers, but was looking to branch out as well.

Just so happened that Helldiver's Deluxe Edition was on sale recently on Steam (comes with all game DLC for $10). 4 player couch co-op friendly PvE objective based isometric shooter, the game is a bit complicated for the kiddos but they've been learning fast. Played through a few easy levels yesterday and it was an intense experience with the kids doing remarkably well (having some issues with the support abilities as well as some of the game mechanics like manual reloading). Pretty impressed, albeit a bit disappointed that the kids don't get to rank up their own Helldivers in couch co-op mode (exist as guest logins from my account).

We'll keep playing and see if the game has any staying power. If its any good, might go check out the revived Gauntlet game from the same studio.

Have you tried: https://store.steampowered.com/app/252110/Lovers_in_a_Dangerous_Spacetime/

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Play COD:MW2 Remastered. Played the demo years ago, but didn't buy it for whatever reason. Nice graphics on the remaster. I like the game, fairly challenging - in fact, I'm current stuck in one part of the campaign and die every time I try to reach the stinger missiles before a gunship mows me down :rolleyes:. Still, good fun and works well with my older GFX card.

Feb 4, 2009
I was interested in it, but was working on my backlog. Need to pick this up.

Fun game, priced well. I played it a bunch last year and they’ve only added more stuff.
I like the multiplayer drop in idea. Didn’t play multiplayer much but it is a cool mechanic.
I also think they way they handle food is a cool way of doing it.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Myself and 2 others put in a bunch of hours from start to finish of Valheim when it was released. It's a really good game especially if you play with friends. I think I was around 200 hours and they were around 400-500 hours. It's one of the very few games that everyone would make time to play and we were consistently able to play together.

We plan on playing again fresh later this year when they drop their next major expansion which opens up another biome. It's suppose to be out before the end of the year but I don't believe we'll see it before late fall at the earliest.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Distance: A stunt racing game in a Tron-like world, with quite a large number of tracks and a level editor. It's great in VR but is one of the few racing games I prefer in flatscreen, as the high contrast style and EDM music are beautiful on an OLED TV and speakers.

Grip: A modern version of Rollcage, where the cars have big wheels and can drive upside down. There is a fair amount of depth in terms of how different cars handle, and it has both these cars and Wipeout-style hovercraft in the same game. Excellent VR support too.

Disco Elysium: Very unique RPG, a bit like Planescape Torment but has its own style with outstanding writing and dialogue. Different aspects of your own personality "talk" to you, and your alignment is with communism, populism, etc. instead of chaotic evil.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
OOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGG second to last level "Omega" in Super Meat Boy is harder than every single level in SMB up to that point combined.

I feel like 8 of the 10 hours it takes to beat the game come from that level alone jesus christ.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Playing Command & Conquer 4. Its weird, cause its not inherently a bad concept for a game, its just an absolutely garbage tier C&C game.

No base building, no resources, super cropped and close up camera angle, lore is a hot mess, story is discombobulated and doesn't explain what the hell is going on at all, GRINDING MECHANICS IN MY SINGLE PLAYER RTS, rock/paper/scissors hard counter system kinda sucks ass, super low unit cap, have to log in to launch the game and then manually log in one the game launches what the hell were they thinking.

Actually the game is kinda crap and I guess I want to beat it as the last mainline Command & Conquer game we'll ever get.

Reactions: nakedfrog

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Playing Command & Conquer 4. Its weird, cause its not inherently a bad concept for a game, its just an absolutely garbage tier C&C game.

No base building, no resources, super cropped and close up camera angle, lore is a hot mess, story is discombobulated and doesn't explain what the hell is going on at all, GRINDING MECHANICS IN MY SINGLE PLAYER RTS, rock/paper/scissors hard counter system kinda sucks ass, super low unit cap, have to log in to launch the game and then manually log in one the game launches what the hell were they thinking.

Actually the game is kinda crap and I guess I want to beat it as the last mainline Command & Conquer game we'll ever get.

It was so horrible. I still play RA2. Bought the ultimate collection.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
They should have made it like a spinoff RTT game instead of calling it C&C 4. The story is idiotic, but I liked the gameplay as long as I didn't think of it as C&C.

crockman

May 15, 2005
ATLAS (on Steam)
at 2560x1440 w/ 6700 XT, Strikingly Pretty game at 2k. Also Delve into Unofficial Atlas Servers.

Star Citizen
The Bug Troubles are finely being dealt with, making the Game much more playable.

Star Wars Galaxies-Legends
Started playing SWG back in 2005, still fun to occasionally return to an Old Classic.

Hotrod2go

Nov 17, 2021
Been into the borderlands franchise last couple months now. Bought the original about a decade ago but never finished it (main quest). However lately I've come to realise just how much a love wild & fast shooter/looter games now! :eek:;)

Downloading Wolfenstein II: The new colossus now... only cause' it was on special! :D

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Sniper Elite 5 - Not my favorite in the series and a lot of odd things that aggravate me. Wish it was a lot snipering and less Hitman like.
Vampire Survivor - Just a mindless game to play when you aren't wanting to be super focused.
Dying Light 2 - Feels like a mix of Far Cry and zombies, but without any guns. Glad I didn't pay full price as it feels lacking a lot of refinement. All of the complains that I've heard about poor story and parkour animations not feeling right are there. The graphics are also pretty bad in some areas.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Doom Eternal - ugh I didn’t like this game. I just don’t find frantically trying to complete all the tasks the game throws at you each arena fight very fun, felt more like busy work. If this is the direction fps games are going then I’m out.

Borderlands 3 - Pretty disappointed. I didn’t really like the classes and the main antagonists are annoying as hell. I also don’t think it was much of a step up from BL2. However,I don’t think it’s a bad game by any means. This may be a case of where I just don’t like these looter/shooter games anymore. I really liked BL2 but that came out a decade ago.

GTA V: I don’t know what took me so long to play this but I really really liked this game. The best in the series imo.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Sniper Elite 5 - Not my favorite in the series and a lot of odd things that aggravate me. Wish it was a lot snipering and less Hitman like.

I picked this one up too. Probably the same issues I'm having as well.

Can't jump over small rocks or bushes. The map design is pretty bad with pathing, having to use main roads to traverse? You're supposed to be a sniper and sneaky.

Have to backtrack all the way across the map to get to a secondary optional objective most of the time(the last AAA gun on the first level, I just gave up because I didn't feel like going back).

My biggest issue, I barely use the sniper rifle because anytime I do, I'm surrounded by enemies from all directions and end up dead pretty quickly. So I sneak around crouched which takes forever to get anywhere and just use the silenced pistol.