What are you drinking tonight?

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
mango_nectar.jpg

From Costco. :thumbsup:

Sep 12, 2004
Trying Columbian Aguardiente tonight. I saw Bourdain tossing it back on a couple of his shows and he mentioned that it has a anise flavor. Figured I'd try it because I'm a fan of Sambuca and Ouzo. It's not great but it's not horrible either. Unlike Sambuca it demands to be slammed, not sipped. The anise flavor is a bit on the weak side, though I'm judging it vs. Sambuca. Probably won't buy another bottle of it but it was cheap and worth trying once (<-- meaning, until the bottle is empty).

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Heck yeah. Although I didn't fall in love with their double chcolate stout, I like the regular one better.

Have not tried the chocolate stout. I love a good stout though, so will have to check out their regular one.

Brooklyn Local 1. Definitely one of my all-time favorites. :)

3412681557_ca273b25f1_z.jpg

That is a yummy beer.

KT

Feb 6, 2007
Have not tried the chocolate stout. I love a good stout though, so will have to check out their regular one.

KT

The chocolate stout is excellent. Doubly so with a scoop of ice cream. The Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar is also incredible, doubly so with ice cream. The Rogue brewpub in Portland is the first place I ever saw a beer float and I immediately fell in love. Those are the two beers that they use for their beer floats. Neither of them beats the Shakespeare Stout, but I wouldn't recommend ice cream with that one.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
The chocolate stout is excellent. Doubly so with a scoop of ice cream. The Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar is also incredible, doubly so with ice cream. The Rogue brewpub in Portland is the first place I ever saw a beer float and I immediately fell in love. Those are the two beers that they use for their beer floats. Neither of them beats the Shakespeare Stout, but I wouldn't recommend ice cream with that one.

I do love the Shakespeare but have not tried the others yet. Not sure why I haven't tried the others; seems like they'd be right up my alley and I've been to the Rogue brewery outside of Portland where i tried a bunch of stuff.

I had a stout or porter float once with brunch here and liked it, though I can't recall the exact beer they used and have not seen it offered since. Another place has a cerveza float which is a lighter beer, with a shot of tequila, some spice, and a big scoop of lime sorbet. Very refreshing! :cool:

KT

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005

I love the Hazelnut Brown Nectar... never thought to try it with ice cream though. Might have to get a bottle and give that a try.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Brooklyn Local 1. Definitely one of my all-time favorites. :)

3412681557_ca273b25f1_z.jpg

a fine, fine drink.

im about to go see some friends and crack open a samuel smith imperial stout, havent had it before but i expect it to be excellent.

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
a fine, fine drink.

im about to go see some friends and crack open a samuel smith imperial stout, havent had it before but i expect it to be excellent.

I have a bottle of the Oatmeal Stout in the fridge. Had it before and it's awesome, so I can only assume that the Imperial Stout is good too. :thumbsup:

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
As the weather begins to warm up, I stock the beer fridge and plan for a long wonderful Spring and Summer.

3h0ppdz.jpg

Feb 6, 2007
As the weather begins to warm up, I stock the beer fridge and plan for a long wonderful Spring and Summer.

3h0ppdz.jpg

I don't always drink beer. But when I do, it's shitty and disappointing.

Tonight I had some wheat beer, followed by a delightful homemade Manhattan with Buffalo Trace. I've gone traditional lately, and prefer my Manhattans with rye whiskey as opposed to bourbon, but Buffalo Trace is just so delicious, especially for the price (it's the same price as Jack Daniel's, but so much better that it's impossible to come up with an analogy for that difference that doesn't involve licking an obese man's taint).