Question what are the current good GPU deals for distributed computing?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Markfw

CPU Moderator, VC&G Moderator, Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 16, 2002
Let us know what you decide, and tell us how much power, whatever solution is, as to how much it takes. I would love to get the same ppd on half the power.

F@H that is.

Markfw

CPU Moderator, VC&G Moderator, Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 16, 2002
Well, crap. I may have to buy one just to see if that or a 1080TI takes more power at the same ppd.

First I had to try the 2060, and I am happy, now you are going to make me buy a 2070.

UsandThem

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
May 4, 2000
Well, crap. I may have to buy one just to see if that or a 1080TI takes more power at the same ppd.

First I had to try the 2060, and I am happy, now you are going to make me buy a 2070.
The only thing I would worry about is the "space invader" defect that I've seen mentioned all over with the 2070, 2080, and 2080ti. There's enough people who have dealt with it to conclude there is / was some type of manufacturing issue. I'm not sure if they've ever isolated or admitted why cards were doing that to begin with.

That's another reason I stayed with Pascal cards for the time being. I'm definitely not one of the first to buy any new hardware when it's released. I let others sort out all of the headaches first. :p