What are some reasons why I should buy a laptop?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
if you have to ask those questions, the u dont NEED it, you want it.. so if you have EXTRA money for it, get it.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I always thought it would be cool to have one, but I could never justify the cost (silly, because here I am on an equally expensive iMac that I don't "need", complete with wireless..)

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
I always thought it would be cool to have one, but I could never justify the cost (silly, because here I am on an equally expensive iMac that I don't "need", complete with wireless..)

coulda been like me and got an iBook, then you woulda had both :)

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
After sitting in an office chair all day at work it gets uncomfortable for me to si tin an office chair all the time when I'm at home. I enjoy sitting in my recliner and surfing off the laptop.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Buy 2 similar spec desktops (to the laptop) and have one in your backyard, one in your bedroom, problem solved :p

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
I don't use my desktop at all anymore...I don't like sitting at a chair and a desk while using the computer. The monitor isn't as clear as my lappy lcd. If you're like me you have to go to the lab to do projects all the time...with your lappy you can bring it to lab and use that instead of the lab comptuers...when you're done you can bring it home and still work. There's been so many times I've needed a comptuer for a day while at school..either to read cliffs notes...finish up a paper before calss...use the internet....

There's many other reasons to get a laptop but I know it makes me mad when I have to go use a desktop now. I do all my hw, write all my papers while sitting on the couch and watching football or the real world now...

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Lonyo
Buy 2 similar spec desktops (to the laptop) and have one in your backyard, one in your bedroom, problem solved :p
What about the bathroom?