Question What are some great "Tycoon" games?

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Looking for some recommendations for some great Tycoon/Management style games. Something that isn't super serious, easy to learn but hard to master, with some solid "end game" content.

The game would be for my wife as an early Mother's day/Birthday present thanks to the Bay Area's extended lockdown (relax, it wouldn't be the only thing I'm getting her).

In the past she has always liked any of the "Sims" games (including SimCity and Simant etc), restaurant management games like Choclateer, and the like.

I think at this point she'd be open to anything so long as its in her comfort genre of total control.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Ok, after doing some research, I think I'll look at the following 3:

Planet Coaster - Looks like it will appeal to both the designer and management elements of these games she enjoys so much.

Two Points Hospital - Hospital management sim with some personality.

Stardew Valley - The game has a helluva reputation, looks soft and inviting like the SNES games of old, and also appears to have a bit more of a personal touch that I think she'd enjoy.

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Ok, after doing some research, I think I'll look at the following 3:

Planet Coaster - Looks like it will appeal to both the designer and management elements of these games she enjoys so much.

Two Points Hospital - Hospital management sim with some personality.

Stardew Valley - The game has a helluva reputation, looks soft and inviting like the SNES games of old, and also appears to have a bit more of a personal touch that I think she'd enjoy.

All 3 of those are good. Stardew Valley probably being the biggest hit with women gamers, you can play it co-op as well.

I'd also recommend the classic Roller Coaster Tycoon games. Steam has the combo version port from a couple of years ago and GoG has the original games drm free.

Also, look into Rimworld. "A sci fi colony sim driven by an intelligent AI storyteller." It takes some time to learn but man is that game addicting.

https://rimworldgame.com/ via their website, Steam or GoG.

Edit: I forgot to add Starbound and Terraria. Not exactly management games like most tycoon ones though similar to stardew valley with pixel art style.

Fanatical has the RCT classic game in their "sanctuary bundle" on sale right now. $5 for a bunch of games.

Last edited:
Reactions: GodisanAtheist

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
Planet zoo, Two Point Hospital or Project Hospital. Chef if she's into restaurant though it's in EA. Cities Skylines for a mordern take on simcity.