What are some good Classical Music Similar to Canon ?

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Any Suggestions ?

Piano Solo's would be great. :)
Been listening to Canon since yesterday, and it makes me want to relearn how to play the Piano again.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: isekii
Any Suggestions ?

Been listening to Canon since yesterday, and it makes me want to relearn how to play the Piano again.

Are you referring to Canon in D by Pachebel? If so, you would probably like this, this, or this. Yes, I *really* like Murray Perahia. He is da bomb.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
Originally posted by: isekii
Any Suggestions ?

Are you referring to Canon in D by Pachebel? If so, you would probably like this, this, or this. Yes, I *really* like Murray Perahia. He is da bomb.

Yes :)
Thanks for the recommendation.
I guess i'm gonna have to go through my classical cd collection back at home. It's like a 25 cd set. :D

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Lithium381
bach - jesu, joy of mans desiring

best. classical. song. EVAR.

VERY nice piece.

Air on G is also a good Bach piece.

also check out Pavane, by Ravel

and the Mozart Requiem has a lot of mellow stuff too. I like Lacrymosa

May 16, 2000
Some of chopins etudes are stunningly dark and moody...i think it's etude in c# minor i like so much, but I could be wrong...there are actually two that I love...both under 2 minutes, both in minor keys...I could play em, but I can't remember which they are by name or number. 8-(

For piano, Beethoven, Sonata Quasi una Fantasia...(moonlight). No finer piece ever written.

I always like Grieg as well, though he's a pain in the rump to play.