What Arabs are saying ...

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Not as bad as I was expecting.

Wait until a democracy is set up and Iraq flourishes like it did the days before Hussein. will show them how crappy their own government and country is

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Wag
Democracy is the LAST thing the US wants there.

I thought a militaristic dictatorship with a madman in control is the last thing we wanted.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
What a friggin joke some of those comments are. They speak like the US/UK troops stormed in there and disrupted a peaceful paradise full of innocents. None of those countries really trust each other and get along yet give them a mutual enemy and then they all agree on something.
rolleye.gif

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
This war shows all the components and tactics of Hitler's Nazism: his liquidation and extermination of European peoples in seeking to draw a new map for Europe according to his whims and beliefs is very similar to what Washington is now doing in Iraq.

The US-British war against Iraq has confirmed that there is no such thing as a clean war. War is a form of the continuous massacre of men, women and children, and that is what we are seeing now on TV.

I think the problem here is the fact they are undereducated about this issuse.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think it's very telling that most of Iraq's neighbors are against this as well.

So who exactly wants us in there?

The people don't really want "liberated" the neighbors weren't feeling to threatened either.

Kaiynne

Feb 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Tabb
This war shows all the components and tactics of Hitler's Nazism: his liquidation and extermination of European peoples in seeking to draw a new map for Europe according to his whims and beliefs is very similar to what Washington is now doing in Iraq.

The US-British war against Iraq has confirmed that there is no such thing as a clean war. War is a form of the continuous massacre of men, women and children, and that is what we are seeing now on TV.

I would say they are overeducated, with anti-american propaganda. Now the americans blindly supporting the war i would say that would be closer to undereducated. I still am yet to see an american news source even attempt to give context to what is happening in the middle east. For example how many people heard a single thing about the Iran Iraq war during or or even after it had allready taken place. Over 1.5 million actual combatants died it lasted for almost 10 years, which would be reason enough to cover it. But America and Russia were both heavily involved in supplying both sides...now that should have made it news worthy. Yet show me the percentage of americans who can tell you anything about it, and i would be surprised if it was over 1%.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Robor
What a friggin joke some of those comments are. They speak like the US/UK troops stormed in there and disrupted a peaceful paradise full of innocents. None of those countries really trust each other and get along yet give them a mutual enemy and then they all agree on something.
rolleye.gif

Think of a dog whose owner beats and starves it all the time. It will still bite you if you step in the yard and try to free it.

HappyGamer2

Banned
Jun 12, 2000
true Democracy will not work in Iraq or many other middle eastern countries at this time, there not ready for it.

no0b

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Originally posted by: HappyGamer2
true Democracy will not work in Iraq or many other middle eastern countries at this time, there not ready for it.

I remember hearing a counter to that on NPR

The exiled Iraqi found that rather offensive to think that just because you come from that country you can't have that sort of government since you are so "not ready" or basicly saying they are too @ss backwards.

HappyGamer2

Banned
Jun 12, 2000
<FONT size=2>
After having lived there a for year I came to the conclusion there not ready for it. It?s hard to describe in words without writing a 200 page book about it. Some of it is education or lack of it. Some of it is religion or too much of it. A lot of it is just there culture in general, they don?t like to follow rules/laws set by the government period, family laws and religious laws are much more important than any government laws.
There used to a system of caois and corruption, many of them are very emotional and easily overwhelmed with complex matters. Their brain washed by there parents, then the religion, then the schools/government. As result there not used to really making decision on there own, they can be very insecure.
If you give them a true democracy it will go all over the place, will be intermoil and will end up going to the far Right. </FONT>

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
<FONT size=2>
After having lived there a for year I came to the conclusion there not ready for it. It?s hard to describe in words without writing a 200 page book about it. Some of it is education or lack of it. Some of it is religion or too much of it. A lot of it is just there culture in general, they don?t like to follow rules/laws set by the government period, family laws and religious laws are much more important than any government laws.
There used to a system of caois and corruption, many of them are very emotional and easily overwhelmed with complex matters. Their brain washed by there parents, then the religion, then the schools/government. As result there not used to really making decision on there own, they can be very insecure.
If you give them a true democracy it will go all over the place, will be intermoil and will end up going to the far Right. </FONT>

THEY'RE OR THEY ARE, NOT THERE.

I can overlook one of them but that is the most glaring grammatical error you can make.

Kaiynne

Feb 23, 2003
<FONT size=2>

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but is English your first language? If it is you are in no place to be talking about a lack of education elsewhere. On top of that i presume you live in America, the place is full of religious fanatics. The only reason you go around saying islamic people are so crazy is because their religion tells them they have to do obvious things like wear long beards or head scarves. The watered down version of religion that Americans ascribe to mostly tells them what to think but other than that they are free to do whatever else they want so it isn't immediately obvious who the total lunatics are.

I am an Athiest so i personally think your all insane, but the ways you go about showing me are really different.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: no0b

I remember hearing a counter to that on NPR

The exiled Iraqi found that rather offensive to think that just because you come from that country you can't have that sort of government since you are so "not ready" or basicly saying they are too @ss backwards.
Yeah...listening to NPR just a bit ago they were interviewing an Iraqi exile who said the people do not want Saddam Hussein nor do they want the Americans but that the Americans are easier to get rid of due to 1) They will eventually leave on their own once a new Iraqi gov't is setup and 2) terrorist attacks on Americans in Iraq will take place and may force them out sooner.

But, he mentioned a reason as to why we don't see much celebrating for being liberated. That reason being the people are truly afraid of Saddam Hussein and until they can dip their own hands in his blood (his words) they will always have fear of speaking out against him.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

When your education consists of memorizing a silly book of verses verbatim, how to burn US Flags and presidents-in-effigy 101, and how to beat your wife for meeting your gaze, your comments generally aren't very educated about any issue.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: alchemize
When your education consists of memorizing a silly book of verses verbatim, how to burn US Flags and presidents-in-effigy 101, and how to beat your wife for meeting your gaze, your comments generally aren't very educated about any issue.

And your source for this information? or is it another internet fact.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti

I'm sorry, you are correct. They don't have those silly madrassas. They never burn flags or effigies. Women have full and equal rights in all arab countries. Thank you for clarifying and calling out my misstatements. They are not facts.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
I'm sorry, you are correct. They don't have those silly madrassas. They never burn flags or effigies. Women have full and equal rights in all arab countries. Thank you for clarifying and calling out my misstatements. They are not facts.

Glad to clear up any misconceptions. Anytime.

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Kaiynne
<FONT size=2>

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but is English your first language? If it is you are in no place to be talking about a lack of education elsewhere. On top of that i presume you live in America, the place is full of religious fanatics. The only reason you go around saying islamic people are so crazy is because their religion tells them they have to do obvious things like wear long beards or head scarves. The watered down version of religion that Americans ascribe to mostly tells them what to think but other than that they are free to do whatever else they want so it isn't immediately obvious who the total lunatics are.

I am an Athiest so i personally think your all insane, but the ways you go about showing me are really different.

Hmm, you mean: ... I personally think you're all insane,