What am I missing here in this keyboard shortcut?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
The app is Pagemaker 6.5, and I pasted in a bunch of text from a different app and I want to configure things, such as this:

A line of text. I want to change the type style to ITALIC.

There is a menu item called Type
Under that is Type Style
Under that are six different styles you can assign, among them, Italic

Next to Italic is what I make out as a keyboard shortcut: Sh^I

However, when I highlight a line of text, press and hold the shift key and hit the carrot key (6) I just get ^^^^^^^^^^^^

If I press and hold shift key, then i, I get capital i. :confused:

I must not be understanding what's going on here...o_O

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
works for me. maybe a pdf plug-in with browser? Or just save file as and open with acrobat/pdf reader.
I'll try with another machine. This one can't hit the link or download the PDF. In fact, searching on pm65.pdf doesn't come up with anything in Google for me.

That first link is cool. Not easy to copy/paste that info, though.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I'll try with another machine. This one can't hit the link or download the PDF.

If the link still doesn't work on another browser/computer, let me know and I'd be happy to e-mail it as an attachment.

Actually it would be a good idea to right click SAVE AS both documents on your hard drive because websites/files change all the time, links go dead, etc.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
If the link still doesn't work on another browser/computer, let me know and I'd be happy to e-mail it as an attachment.

Actually it would be a good idea to right click SAVE AS both documents on your hard drive because websites/files change all the time, links go dead, etc.
Thanks... I'm on another machine, downloaded both files and saved to my NAS. Printed both.

Last edited: