What age did you guys officially move out of your parents home?

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
What age did you guys officially move out of your parents home? Did you ever move back in?

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: lager
What age did you guys officially move out of your parents home? Did you ever move back in?

I still live w/ my parents :eek:

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
my parents told me at dinner today that they wont let us out on our own until we make at least $40,000 a year before taxes and show that we can afford our own place + live decently.

ElMono

May 20, 2002
It was opposite for me. I think I was 19 and my parents moved out and I rented the house from them.

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: ElMono
It was opposite for me. I think I was 19 and my parents moved out and I rented the house from them.

That's sweet. I want to live in the beach house like that kid on THE OC.

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
Originally posted by: ElMono It was opposite for me. I think I was 19 and my parents moved out and I rented the house from them.
That's sweet. I want to live in the beach house like that kid on THE OC.
the american dream lives on

TheToOTaLL

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2001

Wow, how did you afford it?

Well, we had a 3 bedroom apartment, and rented the other 2 bedrooms out to friends. Plus at the time both my wife and I were working at the same call center, making close to the same amount of money. It was a challenge, to say the least.....

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I'm 22 and live in half of a duplex that my parents own (seperate entrance, 2 br, 1 bath, full kitchen, laundry room, living room). I pay $500 rent along with all other expenses (clothes, food, gas, part of utilities, car/med insurance, etc.) Of course it's not what I would wish, but I'm trying to do the responsible thing right now as I'm saving up to buy a house in 2-3 years. I hope to be able to put down a $50k downpayment.

Anyway, yes even though I live in a different "household" I technically live in the same building as my parents so I in effect live with them. :)