What about this set of speakers?

roguerower

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2004
I'm thinking about getting this set of speakers for when I go back to school. Anyone have any experience w/ these and if so, positive or negative experience?

PurdueRy

Lifer
Nov 12, 2004
They aren't anything special, but if all you are looking for is an upgrade from standard boxed speakers....then it might suffice. I favor Klipsch's offerings however.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
I don't own them, but they are a decent 2.1 set, especially if you get a good deal on them. They have been as low as $60 in the past. Bass is boomy and loud as usual with the Logitech stuff. Good for under $100 if really loud bass is what you're after.

unfalliblekrutch

Golden Member
May 2, 2005
Originally posted by: roguerower
I'm thinking about getting this set of speakers for when I go back to school. Anyone have any experience w/ these and if so, positive or negative experience?

What are you upgrading from? They're not going to be amazing speakers, but they won't be bad either.

dBTelos

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2006
If you can't afford anything more then they are great for the $50 you can get them for at TD. But after that the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 for just over $100 are great speakers, despite their age.

roguerower

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2004
I'm upgrading from standard dell laptop speakers. I'm not looking for the ultimate set of speakers, just something that sounds good.

I have a Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card for the laptop btw.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
I know it is repeated so many times, but you'd be better off with a pair of headphones instead of those.

I know you aren't looking for the "ultimate set of speakers" but IMO they don't sound "good" either. If you can get a good deal on them though, great.

dBTelos

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2006
Originally posted by: Excelsior
I know it is repeated so many times, but you'd be better off with a pair of headphones instead of those.

I know you aren't looking for the "ultimate set of speakers" but IMO they don't sound "good" either. If you can get a good deal on them though, great.

I might as well throw out there that the Grado SR-60s are the headphone equivilant of the Logitech Z2300.