What a good answer to give durin an interview if they asks...

desiplaya4life

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2004
why did you leave your old job?

-while you were forced to resigned from the job .. ?

please i got out of my old bank job and getting an interview at another bank today. any good sugg fellow anand people/ :) thanks guys

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Your balding hair led you into a destructive pattern in life. You have straightened it out (what's left of it) and things are going to get better, someday.

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
I think more details are needed about the reason you were forced from your last job before I can provide you with a suitable lie... er, I mean ANSWER.

Otherwise, just tell them its none of their business.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: desiplaya4life

please i got out of my old bank job and getting an interview at another bank today. any good sugg fellow anand people/ :) thanks guys

Well, why were you forced to leave?

desiplaya4life

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2004
because i was late several times

i didnt want to sa this cuz some immature person here will think they are a good comedian and make out a joke..

yea i learned from my mistakes and this is next step forward

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
We need more information to help you form a constructive and realistic answer to this question.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
because i was late several times

i didnt want to sa this cuz some immature person here will think they are a good comedian and make out a joke..

yea i learned from my mistakes and this is next step forward

Sounds like a good start if you are going to be honest about it. And honesty is typically the best policy.

Nov 7, 2000
My mom is way overbearing and forced me to take a position that I was not interested in. Due to my lack of interest I was chronically late and eventually let go.

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
Seriously, honesty is the best answer. If you sincerely have learned from your past experience, then tell them so in a straightforward way. They will be impressed with your honesty, and they will acknowledge that it took a lot of courage to go this route during an interview.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Most banks only verify dates of employment and job title. It's against the policy to verify salary, reason for termination, etc in most banks. You might wanna contact your previous employer to see what information they will give out. If they don't give out reason for termination, you might be able to get away with lying. :) If not, no matter what you say in the interview, they'll know that you were terminated for reason of tardiness.

pm me if you have any questions, since I deal with this all the time

Cal166

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
Originally posted by: NuclearNed
Seriously, honesty is the best answer. If you sincerely have learned from your past experience, then tell them so in a straightforward way. They will be impressed with your honesty, and they will acknowledge that it took a lot of courage to go this route during an interview.

Yes that maybe true to some people but others might think differently.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
If somebody says honestly is the best answer again, I'm gonna kill a kitten.

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Baked
If somebody says honestly is the best answer again, I'm gonna kill a kitten.

You are actually correct. The OP should lie to the interviewer. Then when the lie is eventually found out, everyone can share a good laugh together. Its a great opportunity for some intra-office bonding.

Pantoot

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2002
If they call your previous employer they have to be very careful about what questions they can ask.
You can be sure that they will ask if you are eligible for re-hire.

If you lie, you had better lie in a way that would explain why they wouldn't hire you back.

DAGTA

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
"My secretary told me she was pregnant"

Seriously, I would tell the truth, but that's me.

kinev

Golden Member
Mar 28, 2005
I would go with, "Becuase mommy yelled at me and I ran away from home".

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Tell them: "I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you."
They will laugh their asses off and you'll get the job.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
you could probably get away with "it was bofa and they suck"

i'd leave out all the stuff about your mom

Toasthead

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001

tell them the truth yer lazy ass couldnt get to work on time....that way they can save the time and money and hire someone who WANTS to work.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
You didn't feel motivated to grow within the organization you were previously with, what with the policies (being on time) and management (mom?) that was present. Then say no more.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: yllus
You didn't feel motivated to grow within the organization you were previously with, what with the policies (being on time) and management (mom?) that was present. Then say no more.
:thumbsup::D:thumbsup: