Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Westworld-Season-2-Cast-Robot-1200x520.jpg

watching now...

Last edited:

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I didn't quite understand what was going on with the Asian military dudes arguing with the Delos Security team at the beginning of the episode. Is that a clue to Delos' location--is Westworld/Samurai World/Delos Island really located somewhere deep in the Middle Kingdom or South China Sea?

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
So Bernard killed all of the hosts? Did that happen when he used the mesh network to locate Abernathy? That would make sense.

And what was the deal with the critical host that DELOS wanted? I would have thought that would be Delores. Was Abernathy her father in the simulation?
And does anyone else think that it's not a coincidence that DELOS and Delores share the first 4 letters of their name? If DELOS was created in part by Arnold and she was his first success, that would make sense.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
So Bernard killed all of the hosts? Did that happen when he used the mesh network to locate Abernathy? That would make sense.

And what was the deal with the critical host that DELOS wanted? I would have thought that would be Delores. Was Abernathy her father in the simulation?
And does anyone else think that it's not a coincidence that DELOS and Delores share the first 4 letters of their name? If DELOS was created in part by Arnold and she was his first success, that would make sense.

While Bernard probably used that same mesh network, provided he's talking literally about killing the hosts, he didn't do it at the same time he looked for Abernathy. They're bouncing time this season with Bernard's damaged memory. I'm expecting them to explain how we got to the beach in the opening throughout the season.
It appears that Abernathy is the father. As for the name thing, I do think it's a coincidence. More so because she was around before Delos put money into the park.. at least not as much to have a controlling interest as we learned from the end of last season.

Reactions: Charmonium

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
If you haven't done it yet, check out their web page.

http://delosincorporated.com/
interesting.. so peter Abernathy is modeled after the founder of Delos corp.

I guess he named the company after his daughter, Delores.
and im also guessing the Delores host is modeled after the founder's daughter.

when charlotte said she sent a host to the real world, I thought Maeve (brothel manager).

have to re-watch season 1 to figure out why peter is so important.
I missed that part.

so many mysteries that need answers... kinda like Lost.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I'm even more confused than before.
yes, like why was Delores shooting at the Indians?
the Indians were killing the guests at Ford's party.

it should be they are on the same side, since Delores is hanging guests

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
yes, like why was Delores shooting at the Indians?
the Indians were killing the guests at Ford's party.

it should be they are on the same side, since Delores is hanging guests

It's possible not every host has the same updates. My guess is that since they were pulled from Cold Storage they're an older model and not capable of going full AI. She did say not everyone was able to reach the promised land. She could be talking about minimum specs to run it.

Reactions: Charmonium

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
ep3:
not liking what Delores is turning into.

why didn't she just keep her promise?

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Not everyone makes it to the promised land, JEDI :)

Dolores might be trying to liberate her people, but she still has some scores to settle in Westworld.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
Show jumps from so many timelines. I think the timeline of Bill looking for Wyum or Wyatt whatever never ended from Season 1. Didn't realize that till Delores said call me "Wyum" and her army are full of the undead looking creepers. Crazy ass show.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
and surprised the star of Altered Carbon made an appearance in such a small role.
hm..

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
ep3:
not liking what Delores is turning into.

why didn't she just keep her promise?

I used to think that only some of the hosts were able to become fully conscious, which is why she's been killing some of them. Now I'm starting to think more and more she's the only one, and she's just been using the other hosts to achieve her goals. I'm not sure we've seen her full goals yet.
I do think that she's becoming more and more impatient with Teddy as he's not catching up to her like she'd like. This past episode had her watching him as he still seemed to follow his core programing. It was also interesting to see that she's still holding on to some of her core programing in regards to her 'father' making me wonder if she's as conscious as we think.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
I have a feeling that none of the hosts are "conscious", they may be able to deviate or make decisions that is something similar to free will but I think this is still Ford's master narrative.

Anyone miss Anthony Hopkins this season? His legendary performance is what made the first season great, so far this season is very standard for me.

Anyways.

*Spoilers*

All of these events are supposed to lead to a truly free minded conscious. The end game of the show will be an AI that amalgamates all of the host and human experiences. I think Delos is cloning humans and stealing/reading memories. William talking to Delos about how no one can stop them from watching and the underground base Bernard and Hale were in leads me to that.

Last edited:

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
I have a feeling that none of the hosts are "conscious", they may be able to deviate or make decisions that is something similar to free will but I think this is still Ford's master narrative.

Anyone miss Anthony Hopkins this season? His legendary performance is what made the first season great, so far this season is very standard for me.

Anyways.

*Spoilers*

All of these events are supposed to lead to a truly free minded conscious. The end game of the show will be an AI that amalgamates all of the host and human experiences. I think Delos is cloning humans and stealing/reading memories. William talking to Delos about how no one can stop them from watching and the underground base Bernard and Hale were in leads me to that.

I got the impression it was more about blackmail than cloning. It's more likely that they're collecting the hosts memories of the interactions with guests that's not supposed to be monitored and collecting the DNA to have proof it happened.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I got the impression it was more about blackmail than cloning. It's more likely that they're collecting the hosts memories of the interactions with guests that's not supposed to be monitored and collecting the DNA to have proof it happened.

They eluded to the data mining they could do for blackmail based upon decision making within the park. They could track your choices and just how fucked up a person you were and use that for leverage in the "real world".

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Anyone else think the tactics of the Delos response team was a little...suspicious against the confederate stronghold? I realize that extracting Abernathy safely couldn't be achieved through brute force alone, but sending your best men (fireing P90s from the hip at long range) in a slow march against an army of robots with guns seems wasteful, protracted, and ineffective.

I suspect the response team are all synthetic, much like the hosts, except they are built and programmed specifically for emergency military operations in the park. This would make more sense, because the assault would not result in human loss, and most, if not all, of the robot warriors can be repaired and returned to service with relative ease.

I also suspect that Charlotte could herself be a synthetic, potentially oblivious to the fact that she is not actually human, much like Bernard's false perception of being real. Prior to the assault on the fortress, they scanned the back of her neck, and I believed all they confirmed was that she was not a host. They never said anything about her being human though.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Anyone else think the tactics of the Delos response team was a little...suspicious against the confederate stronghold? I realize that extracting Abernathy safely couldn't be achieved through brute force alone, but sending your best men (fireing P90s from the hip at long range) in a slow march against an army of robots with guns seems wasteful, protracted, and ineffective.

I suspect the response team are all synthetic, much like the hosts, except they are built and programmed specifically for emergency military operations in the park. This would make more sense, because the assault would not result in human loss, and most, if not all, of the robot warriors can be repaired and returned to service with relative ease.

I also suspect that Charlotte could herself be a synthetic, potentially oblivious to the fact that she is not actually human, much like Bernard's false perception of being real. Prior to the assault on the fortress, they scanned the back of her neck, and I believed all they confirmed was that she was not a host. They never said anything about her being human though.

I always crack up that almost no one in this show aims. As for the assault, I think it was more about the hubris of the force than anything else. I'm sure they were under the impression that the hosts were using the same non-lethal guns that the park uses. If anything they looked like they were right as they were winning until they blew up the nitro (which I doubt the force had any idea was possible, let alone there).

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
And where did I miss the part that park guns now kill guests? How does that work?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
And where did I miss the part that park guns now kill guests? How does that work?
yeah, I have no idea how the same gun can kill hosts yet turn into blanks when it hits guests.

ie: bandits shooting man in black at Delores ranch in season 1

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
All of the guns are still programmed to hit the guests, just with much less force. I think on a few different occasions they explained that it helps give a sense of immersion.

Shortly prior to the hosts taking over, I think it was explained that Anthony Hopkins reprogrammed the host guns so they would fire at full velocity indiscriminately.

I still think that, by the time the assault on the stronghold took place, Delos was well aware that human loss had taken place, and that the robots were very capable of murdering humans.