Wesley Clark pulling out of the race

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
And so the field gets smaller.

Edwards MAY make a good showing, but I can't see anyone stopping Kerry.

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
Seems my "choice" has dwindled down to two graduates of Yale University :confused:

Uhh... well will we ever get a real leader? :(

I'd vote for Jesse Ventura for Pres :D

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Well, I certainly wasn't expecting him to be the next to fall. Sure - mathmatically he was basically out of it but I figured he had enough money and backers "inside";) to keep it going for a while longer.

So does this benefit edwards or kerry?

CkG

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Well, I certainly wasn't expecting him to be the next to fall. Sure - mathmatically he was basically out of it but I figured he had enough money and backers "inside";) to keep it going for a while longer.

CkG

Kerry.

Many of Clarks supporters were that because of military experience. Now that leaves Kerry. Edwards may pick up a few, but the lions share of supporters will go to Kerry. Gotta say I think I like Edwards best of the remaining crowd, but if it's Kerry, it's Kerry.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith

CkG

Kerry.

Many of Clarks supporters were that because of military experience. Now that leaves Kerry. Edwards may pick up a few, but the lions share of supporters will go to Kerry. Gotta say I think I like Edwards best of the remaining crowd, but if it's Kerry, it's Kerry.

No "southern" issue?

CkG

mfs378

May 19, 2003
No one who supported Clark did so as casually as some support Kerry or Edwards. He didn't have sheep-minded individuals following him simply because of his position in the polls.

I don't think that Clark supporters will flock to any one particular candidate. No one comes close, why would you support someone who would make a worse president?

I supported Clark because I know he can lead, and because he has well-articulated and realistic views on how to improve the country. When I look at the rest of the candidates, I don't see a single one I like. For me this race has become voting against Bush, as opposed to voting for someone.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith

CkG

Kerry.

No "southern" issue?

Perhaps, which is why I think Edwards gets something out of this, but (and I may be wrong) this election cycle has issues important enough to eclipse the north/south divide.

CkG

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
, I don't see a single one I like. For me this race has become voting against Bush, as opposed to voting for someone.
that is sad on so many levels

Clark never knew how he stood on important issues.

mfs378

May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: EXman

You have no idea. He stood for what he believed in much more than anyone else I can think of. But I agree that his departure is sad.

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
, I don't see a single one I like. For me this race has become voting against Bush, as opposed to voting for someone.

I agree. Plus seeing him get out run by Sharpton and Kuch is even sadder

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: tallest1

I agree. Plus seeing him get out run by Sharpton and Kuch is even sadder

Sharpton and Kucinich are gonna out run even Kerry.

sparkyclarky

Platinum Member
May 3, 2002
Originally posted by: sparkyclarky
Just heard the news...time to pick a new candidate....

Are you going to change your nick too? :D:p

sparkykucinichy has a nice(odd) ring to it.

CkG

Hehe - except Clark is my last name....