Wesley Clark getting owned on face the nation

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
lol.
and people think Bush is a liar?
this guy is a joke.
If this is the best the Democrats can produce as an alternative...its looking like 4 more years of Dubya.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: ncircle
lol.
this guy is a joke.
If this is the best the Democrats can produce as an alternative...its looking like 4 more years of Dubya.

no one said clark is the best. maybe you should quit looking at polls and create your own opinions.

every educated liberal knows clark is full of sh!t...everyone besides michael moore.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Pers
lol.
this guy is a joke.

no one said clark is the best. maybe you should quit looking at polls and create your own opinions.

every educated liberal knows clark is full of sh!t...everyone besides michael moore.

Last I saw Dean is still the front runner so what is all this talk about Clark anyway?

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Last I saw Dean is still the front runner so what is all this talk about Clark anyway?

Clark is the George HW Bush to Dean's Ronald Reagan. Clark has "credibility" while Dean has energized the base.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc

Clark is the George HW Bush to Dean's Ronald Reagan. Clark has "credibility" while Dean has energized the base.

Uhh...no.

Reagan more than mobilized his base...ever heard of Reagan Democrats? I don't think there are too many(if any) Republicans for Dean. Likening Dean to Reagan?:p Buahahaha Now that's funny.

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
lol.
this guy is a joke.

Hmmmm, got any specifics? How did Clark get "owned" exactly?

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
CAD,
Uhh...no.

Reagan more than mobilized his base...ever heard of Reagan Democrats? I don't think there are too many(if any) Republicans for Dean. Likening Dean to Reagan? Buahahaha Now that's funny.

If a person has enough charisma and a modicum of sense and some astute political minds around him he can energize the nation into believing he is the Saviour..
Reagan did this and Kennedy could have too. The rest of them... well Clinton was pretty good at it too. Americans long for a king.. someone who can make it all better for them.. Don't much matter what they say or do so long as they (The People) THINK it is OK.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

Uhh...no.

Reagan more than mobilized his base...ever heard of Reagan Democrats? I don't think there are too many(if any) Republicans for Dean. Likening Dean to Reagan?:p Buahahaha Now that's funny.

CkG

I don't know, I heard alot of Ross Perot Republicans and alot of disenfranciased Republicans are interested in Dean. Dean Republicans? ;)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet
Transcript available here:

Face the Nation

If someone see's the "ownage" please point it out.

Read the transcript... I didn't see the "ownage" either.

Something about his comments on Rumsfeld. Seems like a blatant flip-flop to me. Not a biggie but it continues the whole praise of Bush and etc. flap he got himself into.

CkG

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Uhh...no.

CkG

I don't know, I heard alot of Ross Perot Republicans and alot of disenfranciased Republicans are interested in Dean. Dean Republicans? ;)

Perot yes, Dean no.:p Now I'm not saying that all republicans won't vote for Dean, but its not because of Dean, if anything it'll be because of Bush. There won't be a Republicans for Dean movement like there was a Dems for Reagan movement.

CkG

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
Haven't heard of any republicans for Dean? Then you haven't really been paying attention-

http://republicansfordean.blogspot.com/

Dean's appeal in this context would be fiscal integrity, vs looting the treasury...

Seems you are the one out of the "loop" ;)

http://www.republicansfordean.us/ or http://atlblogs.com/republicansfordean/(they are the same) They moved months ago.:p
And yes I know they are some out there but it isn't a big movement and doesn't(and won't) even come close to comparing to what Reagan had.

CkG

PS - I hope you weren't trying to insinuate that I don't "pay attention";) I keep myself well informed about things in the US political arena.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet
Transcript available here:

Face the Nation

If someone see's the "ownage" please point it out.

Read the transcript... I didn't see the "ownage" either.

Something about his comments on Rumsfeld. Seems like a blatant flip-flop to me. Not a biggie but it continues the whole praise of Bush and etc. flap he got himself into.

CkG

Yeah, well a lot's happened since Gen. Clark made those comments about Sec. Rumsfeld. Trying to make an issue out of the fact that his opinion changed is a non-starter. Lots of people have changed their mind about Sec. Rumsfeld and Co.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Reagan more than mobilized his base...ever heard of Reagan Democrats?

Dude, get a grip . . . ever heard of Dixiecrats? Jesse Helms all but singlghandedly propped up Reagan's Southern campaign in 1976. The same people that voted for Jesse (over and over again in North Carolina) are the people that voted for Reagan. These people were Democrats in registration only . . . just like old school Dems: Jesse Helms, Strom Thurmond, Elizabeth Dole, Richard Shelby, Fred Thompson (granted you could argue he was just "acting"). And of course the newest member; Zell Miller . . . albeit he's more reasonable than a lot of southern Republicans.

My point . . . which you clearly missed:

1) Dean has broad support amongst Democrats despite moderates saying he's too liberal (like many hardcore Republicans thought about CA Republican Reagan).
2) Dean has significant support amongst moderates despite his war stance b/c he was on balance a fiscal moderate/conservative as governor (Reagan was sort of a moderate/conservative although he did raise (and cut) taxes in CA).
3) Due to #1 and #2 he has significant appeal amongst people with enough brain cells not to have a strong force attraction to either of the major political parties.
4) Bush had more gravitas than Reagan. Reagan played a hero. Bush was a hero. CIA director. Successful businessman (we won't discuss his connections) granted it was the business of drilling for oil in Texas . . . anybody could do that
rolleye.gif
. . . well almost anybody.
5) Clark's uniform looks like a Christmas tree. His resume reads like a wish list for the intelligent, upwardly mobile. Warrior, scholar, arguably goody goody . . . unless you ask Hugh Shelton.

In essence, Bush (the Greater) and Clark have earned their accolades with a record of achievement . . . yet most of the attention is going to the lightweights with charisma and a message.