were you shy as a kid?

hendon

Oct 9, 2000
Juz wondering if any of you were shy as a kid?
And how did you get rid of your shyness?

Gatsby

Golden Member
Nov 6, 1999
I think I was.

I believe i decided when I went to a college program not to be anymore. I don't know it just came over me like a wave. I am still kinda shy but now a lot louder and more open.

Gatsby

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
I wouldn't consider myself as shy - not even as a kid. But I've always been kinda quiet and reserved. I generally don't have a problem talking to people, but often I just like to sit back and listen instead of being the one talking.

DirkBelig

Banned
Oct 15, 1999
SHY?! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS "SHY" THING YOU REFER TO?!??!

Actually, I'm really shy until I get the slightest opening and then....BLAM!!!!...It's DIRK TIME!!!!!

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Painfully, terribly, horribly.

I was cross-eyed and could not look anyone in the eye.

How did I get over it? Well, acting lessons helped a lot. No joke. I learned to act confident, and pretty soon I started to believe my own act. Just hold your head high and tell yourself you are worthwhile and valuable. Pretty soon, you will feel less shy and more willing to interact with others.

Bryan

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yep, had to be... I had the big ol' coke bottle glasses that made my eyes look like quarters... :(

My shyness never completely went away until after I graduated high school. I got contacts when I was 12, but the kids never forgot, and they never treated me equally. :( :(

See? My avatar actually means something to me... :)

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm not really shy...just quiet and extremely observant. The quietness does get better as you get older though...just something to grow out of...

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000
I'm shy..still am but trying to get over it. around friends, I feel more opened and relaxed, but around strangers or anyone I don't know too well, I sorta get nervous.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
Well toolgirl I guess me and you should never hook up or nothing would get said. I am kind of the same way. I am not really shy but I am not do not really like being noticed.

Apr 5, 2000
I was pretty outgoing as a young child. Then somewhere in junior high, I think the 8th grade, the "in-group" started shunning me from their activities. Most of those people in the "in-group" I had hung out with, been very good friends with in 7th grade, but for some reason I guess I didn't fit in. Starting out in high school I didn't meet any new friends and I just clammed up, been that way since.

qacwac

Oct 12, 2000
I was not at all shy if I was doing athletics, but talking to girls always terrified me. I don't know why either, they generally liked me. I think I felt like I always had to be the best and never mess up. So if that's shyness then okay.

Needless to say I led a very sad life until about a year ago. But since have been set free.

hubbs

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2000
Last year I was really shy but this year I'm not anymore for some reason. But whatever I might be shy again next year.

LOWDRAG

Oct 17, 2000
I WAS THE FAT SHY KID...................:(

then i joined the marines, got a good job, now im the 6'2 245 lb , crazy bastard no one remembers.......LOL,,,,

<< shoot then yell stop..... >>

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
You guys all know how shy I am.

Want to cure shyness?

a. Go into the service.

b. Get a real job where your income depends upon verbal communication face to face.

Either will work pretty quick.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
I was painfully shy when I was young. But I had good reason to be. Bad skin, coke bottle glasses, bad hair, and I was a string bean. I was made fun of every day in school, and used to go home and cry myself to sleep. But I grew up and grew out of it, and learned the joy of turning all the boys down who made my life hell years before. ;)

Now I just cope with my shyness by acting silly. That way, I can still fit in and have fun, and nobody really gets to know me, so I still feel safe. Wow, I am messed up.... :)