"We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers," said Neil Newhous

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Maybe you need to read it really slow, and take in each word.
Obama said: “I believe that if our government is there to support you, this plant will be here for another hundred years.”

And, many months before Obama was inaugurated, the plant was closed because the Bush Admin wasn't there to support them.

None of this is rocket science, and I doubt that even brain surgery would allow you to accept the facts of the matter.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Wow funny how your site interprets someone's words to mean more than what they have actually said like so
into this
If it was a promise... then he would have said something likeAnd you call politifact.com a hack site.
what utter bullshit.
It's like me taking your above post and using selective editing
Any time you criticize a website it must be doing at least some things right.

Do things right? You break forum rules and change my quote and then accuse me of being selective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monovillage View Post
Thanks for showing us again that politicfact is just another partisan hack site and for letting us prove it. In this case the facts have a liberal bias and the Republicants aren't entitled to making up their own facts.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
And, many months before Obama was inaugurated, the plant was closed because the Bush Admin wasn't there to support them.

None of this is rocket science, and I doubt that even brain surgery would allow you to accept the facts of the matter.

I was asked to show where Obama said he will keep the plant open. I did that. What are you not understanding?

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Well, I think Matt1970 and monovillage have showed us the answer to this article:

Link

Obviously, in their fantasy world, they have their "beliefs", and no amount of real facts will change these "beliefs". Sad that probably 40% of the country doesn't care about facts and the truth.

Maybe one day y'all will learn this concept of "facts" and learn to believe them. Or not.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Keep your eye on the swinging watch.......

Obama never said this plant will be here for another hundred years.
It's the fault of the Republicans that our credit rating got downgraded.
Taking money from a Medicare fund is not taking money from Medicare.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Do things right? You break forum rules and change my quote and then accuse me of being selective?

The starting quote was in error it wasn't intended to be changed.

It should have been top quote unchanged then the bottom quote changed.

Mea maxima culpa

As far as what the site said...

I stand firm on this.

=======================================================================================

it's funny how the site you're referencing

“I believe that if our government is there to support you … this plant will be here for another hundred years.” That’s what he said in 2008.

interpreted the above quote as meaning this.

In fact, that had been known since at least February 2008, when Obama came to Janesville to speak, and specifically addressed the plant closure in his remarks, delivered at the plant itself — and promised to keep it and other plants like it open “for the next hundred years”

If it was a promise... then he would have said something like

I promise that if our government is here to support you... we this plant will stay open for the next hundred years. That's a promise

Last edited:

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
"We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers," said Neil Newhouse, a Romney pollster.

ie, facts don't matter.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I was asked to show where Obama said he will keep the plant open. I did that. What are you not understanding?

It's difficult to believe you're actually that dense. More likely that you've been taking trolling lessons from a couple of our resident experts in that field.

Repubs' problem is that, fact-wise, they've got nothing but failure of policy & ideology as achievement, so they necessarily just make shit up to keep talking.