Went to the World's Greatest Supermarket, all I can say is DAMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNN

Pastfinder

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2000
Whoa, I was in Cincy helping to move my sister into her apartment (going for her PhD) and while there we went to Jungle Jims. This grocery store is 4 acres in space! They have live rainbow trout for sale, over 900 types of hot sauce, ect. ect. It was unreal. Okay, I like good food, and different stuff for that matter. It rocked, definetly worth visiting. Heck, I was able to buy one of the sacred soft drinks/sodas/pop known as MOXIE. Okay, I'll be quiet now, I'm tired as hell (9 hours in car back home). Think I'll remember the joy of having White Castle for the first time. What you Crave...

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
White Castle rocks.

They call them "sliders" for a reason, though.

Pastfinder

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2000
Prices weren't bad on some items, I mean they had awesome deals. On other items, the prices were normal with other places. I will say that their produce was incredible, best quality I have seen around, as in the USA

Pastfinder

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2000
I wish they had White Castle in North Carolina. I would be there every week. I mean, how can you beat 10 burgers or $4.50? That rules.

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
Cool place....

Unrelated, but why in the world do people have the need to buy chicken and duck feet? I know this store must sell them because there are crazy people out there who buy crap like that. I'll stick to my pizza and soda please.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Whoa, I was in Cincy helping to move my sister into her apartment (going for her PhD) and while there we went to Jungle Jims.

I use to live 5 minutes (Forest Park) from that store before I left for the service in 1995. Great area and a great store.

Think I'll remember the joy of having White Castle for the first time. What you Crave...

I have always loved White Castle, but I miss Goldstar and Skyline more:(

Hopefully one day I can convince my wife we should move there. Des Moines, IA is ok, but not for me.

dakata24

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2000
i think Jungle Jim's the place i saw that was on Food Network. doesnt the manager/owner like ride around on a scooter/bike/or something with 2 wheels around the super market?

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
Krystal's is much better than white castle... for 4am drunken food

antiABIT being from around the area, have you ever heard of Midget Town near the Rumpke dump?

Pastfinder you should have yer sis ask around about it... it's some weird shiz

arod

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2000
I think I would get lost in a place like that or cant find something for sure.

ManSnake

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
Jungle Jims, I remember that store, I used to go there all the time when I lived in Cincinnati, they have a great variety of things there. I remember there was also this monkey singing Elvis songs every ten minutes. Cool store indeed.

fatbaby

Banned
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: billgates380
Cool place....

Unrelated, but why in the world do people have the need to buy chicken and duck feet? I know this store must sell them because there are crazy people out there who buy crap like that. I'll stick to my pizza and soda please.

you ever eat dim sum?

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
What's White Castle? Does it compare to In-N-Out? :\

Oh, I saw that place on Food Finds or something on FoodTV.. :Q

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: fatbaby
Cool place....

you ever eat dim sum?

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

-PAB

weirdichi

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2001
Wow.. and I thought Uwajimaya was a cool store (those of you in the Seattle, Bellevue, or Beaverton area will know what I'm talking about).

Mmm.. dim sum. Chicken feet rock! I had some at Hon's up in Vancouver, BC on Robson street and it was deeeelicious! :D

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: weirdichi
Wow.. and I thought Uwajimaya was a cool store (those of you in the Seattle, Bellevue, or Beaverton area will know what I'm talking about).

Mmm.. dim sum. Chicken feet rock! I had some at Hon's up in Vancouver, BC on Robson street and it was deeeelicious! :D

Uwajimaya is soooo cool. :D

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Ugh White Castle is t3h suck.

NEVER liked that place... always felt queasy after eating there. Haven't eaten that crap in a LONG time.

FatAlbo

Golden Member
May 11, 2000
Never EVER eat the stuff from the deli at the Bellevue Uwajimaya. The cooked food is left there for days at a time. This is coming from various friends that have worked or are currently working there. For the most part, everything is overpriced at Uwajimaya. You can usually get what you're looking for at a lower price at other places in Seattle's International District. The premium is for employees that *may* speak English.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Jungle Jim's is truly the American dream. The guy that owns the place started out by selling produce out of the back of his pick-up. He then went to a small road side stand, then a bigger permanent building, et, etc. That store is truly amazing. I grew up and went to school very close to there (Ross) and I always find time to go there when visiting my parents.

For those of you who don't know Krystals's and White Castle are really the same thing. Nothing else quite like them.

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
Originally posted by: fatbaby
Cool place....

you ever eat dim sum?

Can't say I even know what dim sum is...

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
What's White Castle? Does it compare to In-N-Out? :\

It doesn't even come close. White castle makes tiny little burgers that look and taste like the nasty 2 for a dollar burgers they sell at AM/PM. For some reason mid-westerners love them.

I was in St. Paul, MN over the weekend and we were trying to decide where to eat. We found a White Castle and went in to try them. After injesting one of their $.44 burgers we quickly left and went to Famous Dave's BBQ restarurant across the street.