Went to snowman training over the summer..

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
After last years terrible abuse i got over my amazing snowmen i decided to take a class on how to make a snowman at the local college. They had snow imported from the south pole (yes far trip i know) and we set out on the basics of making a snowman.

since this was a intro level class (i get to take advanced snowmen making next summer) i think my snowmen have improved. I hope to be able to make snow dogs, snow women and the advanced snow cow.

anyway.

snowman.JPG

is my first of the year! its not perfect but i blame that on the snow. we only had maybe 3 inches so not enough to make a great snowman!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
looks like a damn fine snowman.

Could you maybe throw something contrasty behind it and give us a better picture? I'd like to scope out the fine detail, but it's impossible with the white background.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Definite improvement over last year but, did you never build snowmen until you were old and grumpy?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Definite improvement over last year but, did you never build snowmen until you were old and grumpy?

when i was a kid i lived in arizona, new mexico and texas. moved to IL when i was 13.

didnt see much snow when i was a kid :\

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
when i was a kid i lived in arizona, new mexico and texas. moved to IL when i was 13.

didnt see much snow when i was a kid :\

You're forgiven but, ask some neighborhood kids for help next time. Your HOA will appreciate it. :)

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
You're forgiven but, ask some neighborhood kids for help next time. Your HOA will appreciate it. :)

eww NO HOA here. i live in the country. hell i can put a cow in the backyard and nobody would say anything (as a matter of fact one guy has one).

the only kids around is a 12 and 14 yr old girl. don't think its a good idea to ask them! :D

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
eww NO HOA here. i live in the country. hell i can put a cow in the backyard and nobody would say anything (as a matter of fact one guy has one).

the only kids around is a 12 and 14 yr old girl. don't think its a good idea to ask them! :D

Do you own a van? Specificly one of those vans like the ones used by businesses, with no windows.... It might be a good idea! Take your van, wear those fake glasses with the built in mustache, and ask them for help making a snowman, be sure to offer to share your candy (as it's important to be polite!!!)

On second thought .... maybe this isn't the best plan ....

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005

you have no idea how bad I STILL want to do that.
One of these days, with enough snow, I'm fairly confident I will do that.

Maybe I can get a group of fellow students together and do that on the Oval next quarter whenever we have a ton of fresh powder.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
on that note, this encompasses the greatness that is Calvin and Hobbes. long image

calvinAndHobbes.gif

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
WOW
Your snowman looks vaguely familiar. Here is my grand daughter and our creation this weekend.

IMG_3857.JPG

LOL

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
on that note, this encompasses the greatness that is Calvin and Hobbes. long image

calvinAndHobbes.gif

LMAO pure awesomeness.

I so need to try that when we get more snow. Pretty sad that I'm saying that when it's December. We're suppose to have TONS by now. Our snow does not normally stick, but if I use a blow dryer (preferably on a GFCI protected circuit) I can get r done.

Come to think of it, a snow man nativity scene would be quite fun to make.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Do you own a van? Specificly one of those vans like the ones used by businesses, with no windows.... It might be a good idea! Take your van, wear those fake glasses with the built in mustache, and ask them for help making a snowman, be sure to offer to share your candy (as it's important to be polite!!!)

On second thought .... maybe this isn't the best plan ....

I'd dress up as a bear too. Kids love bears.

Instan00dles

Golden Member
Jun 15, 2001
With all the snow my area will be getting tomorrow I think I will be trying some of calvins snowmen

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
After last years terrible abuse i got over my amazing snowmen i decided to take a class on how to make a snowman at the local college. They had snow imported from the south pole (yes far trip i know) and we set out on the basics of making a snowman.

since this was a intro level class (i get to take advanced snowmen making next summer) i think my snowmen have improved. I hope to be able to make snow dogs, snow women and the advanced snow cow.

anyway.

snowman.JPG

is my first of the year! its not perfect but i blame that on the snow. we only had maybe 3 inches so not enough to make a great snowman!

So...based on this picture...you flunked the class, right? :p

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
So...based on this picture...you flunked the class, right? :p

He was trained on South Pole snow, which is a whole different animal from Illinois snow. Give him time to adapt to his new raw materials and he'll be wizard of the white stuff.