Well, it looks like I'm giving up smoking....

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

psiu

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Dopefiend

[Edit] So it's been ten days now... not doing too bad :)

Congrats. I'll be hitting a year in April.

I know I already replied to this once....but you updated, so I will again :p

Keep it up, your over the physical part mostly now, it's just all in your head now.

imported_Phil

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2001
Wow, I really must remember this thread once in a while.
Anyway, I've been smoke-free since; lung capacity has increased a bit, the yellowness has gone from my fingers, and my breath doesn't stink anymore :)

Praise be to week-long sickness bouts where you're too drugged-up to notice the lack of nicotine :thumbsup:

SonicIce

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
both my parents just stopped one day without any assistance like that. its been a few years and they wont touch one now.

psiu

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003
So I've been stuck at home with flu and a chest infection (which is now clearing up thanks to some alarmingly strong antibiotics) for five days now, and I think the cravings for a smoke are beginning to go away, at last :D

I've been in bed half the time and wanting to not do myself any more harm than is necessary, so it looks like I'm starting a smoke-free existence right about now.

Does anyone know how long the worst part is, i.e. are the first two days the worst for cravings? Does it suddenly get easier after x many days? If it helps, I used to smoke ~ 15 rollups per day.

Cheers :)

[Edit] One month :)

:thumbsup:

I'm approaching a year myself, on April 5th. Can't believe I've gotten this far. Keep it up, it's worth it.

Edit: I wonder how many times I've replied to this thread so far???

How are the cravings doing? Getting over the near constant ones to once or twice a day status?

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
Keep it up! My dad quitted smoking when I got asthma (from him!) and oh yes, that was fifteen years ago when I was six. He hasn't touched a cigarette since he quitted.

You can do it!

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
good luck buddy, that's freaking hard to shake!

if you can do that, you can do anything! :p

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
nice work Dopefiend. I quit in October and only have one occasionally if I'm drinking :beer:s. :thumbsup: feels great doesn't it? :)

imported_Phil

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2001
Originally posted by: psiu
So I've been stuck at home with flu and a chest infection (which is now clearing up thanks to some alarmingly strong antibiotics) for five days now, and I think the cravings for a smoke are beginning to go away, at last :D

I've been in bed half the time and wanting to not do myself any more harm than is necessary, so it looks like I'm starting a smoke-free existence right about now.

Does anyone know how long the worst part is, i.e. are the first two days the worst for cravings? Does it suddenly get easier after x many days? If it helps, I used to smoke ~ 15 rollups per day.

Cheers :)

[Edit] One month :)

:thumbsup:

I'm approaching a year myself, on April 5th. Can't believe I've gotten this far. Keep it up, it's worth it.

Edit: I wonder how many times I've replied to this thread so far???

How are the cravings doing? Getting over the near constant ones to once or twice a day status?

Yeah, I'm pretty much over them now (daily cravings), although that was pretty damned hard at first. I definitely feel better for it though :)