Well, Ebay for the win! (Battlefield 3 complaint)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
Really? No one has mentioned this yet?

You can use a language changer, OP. Your copy of BF3 is perfectly fine. You just need to mod it so that it uses English, and it will work identical as if you would've bought the English version.

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/battlefield-3-origin/bf3lang.html

I've verified it's safe.

Edit: Oops, didn't read the entire thread. Maybe they say it isn't allowed, but you could try using the language changer anyway. What's the harm?

lolwut

vegal

May 7, 2011
Never do deals on ebay mate. I recently got screwed over for £4 worth of ram. The guy sent me a faulty peace.

kazryv

Jun 20, 2010
You should have just bought it on Origin for $30 - it's been on sale there for a while for that price.

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
Nope, its on sale for $30 for me too. Just never checked. Well then, I'm an idiot.

Its alright Adam, at least you didn't get 2 deadbeat bidders in a row like what happened to me on Ebay this past couple months.

One guy hit the buy it now button and never paid. I had to wait 2 weeks to get this resolved, now I lost money due to the videocard going on special at Newegg. 2nd buyer paid, then refused shipment and disappeared. I was half tempted to make his money disappear but that's not how I am. I sent out an HD 6950, surrounded it in ESD foam, then wrapped it with ESD bubble wrap and then he leaves me feedback complaining that I didn't use enough foam.

Now I require immediate payment. Ebay FML. I think I will be pulling my account soon, its just not worth the hassle for the quick sell, fees and minimal savings.:thumbsdown: So many incompetent users on Ebay it is not even funny. Customer support is a joke, they just laugh in your face and don't care basically and leave all the fraudulent sellers/buyers do what they want because as long as they are getting their paypal and final value fee, they can care less.

elitejp

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2010
If I remember correctly Adobe and Windows also dont allow you to change languages. Windows will only allow that if you have their ultimate version. Since i live in a foreign country many times i get stuck with the foreign version or im using the english and need it to be in the foriegn language for other users. Now ive never actually tried to change the Windows OS from one language to another however ive done this on my adobe ps cs5. So far no problems whatsoever with Adobe. Of course I also run into the problem where the downloading site recognizes your country and automatically changes the language to that country even though I may want a different language. Most of these fixes eithor include erasing the language you dont want (and then it just reverts directly to english) or downloading a language pack and adding it to the correct folder. Its nce when they actually give you an option to what language you would like. In any case this should be an easy fix and i dont see why you would fall into any legal trouble with steam or any other vendor for that matter.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Thanks, I will give this a go.

Earlier today I found I could do this, but Origin tells me you can only do this to Physical Retail copies of the game. Digital Codes are specific to language and are not allowed to be changed. Called them twice, told same thing.

Ive bought a few games from CJS when they were significantly cheaper. Now the prices are somewhat near retail so I dont anymore but yes Ill give another +1 to their language tool.

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
CAN dollar is generally on par or worth a little more than US. Maybe he just didn't see the sale. :)

Just didnt see the sale.

Canadian dollar and US Dollar as basically at par. (Same value)

I ended up getting all my $30 back from Paypal. Turns out Ebay shut down the user for doing the same thing to others, and Paypal credited me back automatically.

Last edited:

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
Its alright Adam, at least you didn't get 2 deadbeat bidders in a row like what happened to me on Ebay this past couple months.

One guy hit the buy it now button and never paid. I had to wait 2 weeks to get this resolved, now I lost money due to the videocard going on special at Newegg. 2nd buyer paid, then refused shipment and disappeared. I was half tempted to make his money disappear but that's not how I am. I sent out an HD 6950, surrounded it in ESD foam, then wrapped it with ESD bubble wrap and then he leaves me feedback complaining that I didn't use enough foam.

Now I require immediate payment. Ebay FML. I think I will be pulling my account soon, its just not worth the hassle for the quick sell, fees and minimal savings.:thumbsdown: So many incompetent users on Ebay it is not even funny. Customer support is a joke, they just laugh in your face and don't care basically and leave all the fraudulent sellers/buyers do what they want because as long as they are getting their paypal and final value fee, they can care less.

Sorry to hear that. Was browsing my ebay feedback history the other day, almost all of my favorite sellers left ebay a while ago.

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
They probably say not to buy dodgy Russian game keys on ebay as well but that didnt stop you. :D

Probably would have been nice to know I was buying a Russian Key, since there was no indication in the ad of this. It actually stated it was an english key 3 times.:eek:

gladiatorua

Nov 21, 2011
30 bucks for a Russian key? Srsly?
They are typically sold for $15-17. Legit. Some sellers claim them to be region free.