Well at least he was not caught drinking....

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
linkage

August 6, 2003 -- BURLINGTON, Vt. - The 17-year-old son of Democratic presidential candidate Howard Dean agreed yesterday to participate in a court "diversion" program after being arrested for allegedly being the getaway driver while four friends tried to steal beer from a local country club.

Now if he would have actually been drinking this surely would have turned into a media circus like when someones daughters got caught drinking. But I guess stealing is ok.
rolleye.gif

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: charrison
linkage

August 6, 2003 -- BURLINGTON, Vt. - The 17-year-old son of Democratic presidential candidate Howard Dean agreed yesterday to participate in a court "diversion" program after being arrested for allegedly being the getaway driver while four friends tried to steal beer from a local country club.

Now if he would have actually been drinking this surely would have turned into a media circus like when someones daughters got caught drinking. But I guess stealing is ok.
rolleye.gif
It's an old story; the new part is the court decision. It was in the news when it happened. It did NOT reach media circus status like Bush's daughters.

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
I'd like to find children of ANY rich politician (or doctor, or laywer, or entertainer, or professional athlete) who HASN'T pulled some kind of crap as a teen!

I mean, think about it. Even the best of them usually have a friend or two who gets into mischief, and they end up along for the ride. Which is usually Mommy's Beemer.

And LMAO... pulling a HEIST at the COUNTRY CLUB! They should have gone for the salmon pate... I hear it is wonderful. :p

<----has known lots of rich kids, and they were the ones with all the drugs, beer, great parties when Mommy and Daddy were out of town... :p

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
linkage

rolleye.gif

Dean wasn't as big a name when this happened. It was in the news, more so in Vermont than nationwide.

Quick, the county executive of Anne Arundel counties son was arrested for DUI and running from the police. It didn't make the national news, so that must be okay.

Your post and insinutations are ridiculous.

You don't think that the presidents family would gain greater attention than a realtively unknown presidential candidate at the time??

Who said stealing is okay??

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
BTW: How many people in the national audience do you think had even heard of Dean on 06/20/2003? Why would they have cared? How is that newsworthy? He wasn't even officially a candidiate yet??

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
The real story would be if he would have gotten away with the booze,
and driven to Texas to hook up with the Bush twins, Party !

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
rolleye.gif

So you expect the children of the president and the children of a state governor to garner the same press coverage when they do something wrong? Nice try though...

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
The real story would be if he would have gotten away with the booze,
and driven to Texas to hook up with the Bush twins, Party !

Now if certain kids became pregnant, what a field day that would be! :D

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
rolleye.gif

So you expect the children of the president and the children of a state governor to garner the same press coverage when they do something wrong? Nice try though...

I actually expect neither to make news. Niether the dean son or bush daughters problems are really news worthy. A teenager doing something stupid is hardly news. However one has to wonder since dean is a leader of the pack right now, why it gets so little attention. He may not be president, but it appears he has a shot. One would think if one kids can be a problem to current the administration, those same kids should be a problem for those running for the same office.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: charrison Now if he would have actually been drinking this surely would have turned into a media circus like when someones daughters got caught drinking. But I guess stealing is ok.
rolleye.gif
I actually expect neither to make news. Niether the dean son or bush daughters problems are really news worthy. A teenager doing something stupid is hardly news. However one has to wonder since dean is a leader of the pack right now, why it gets so little attention. He may not be president, but it appears he has a shot. One would think if one kids can be a problem to current the administration, those same kids should be a problem for those running for the same office.

LEFT WING CONSPIRACY!!! :confused:

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
rolleye.gif

Patience. I'm sure that if something like this happens once Dean is President, the press will provide comparable coverage. You just need to wait for a couple of years.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I thought she was busted too for fraud (using a fake ID) which is also a Felony in Texas. Must have been thrown out...Either way these uber spoiled kids grow above the law which is why bush thinks he's above reproach and international law. Arrogance extreme.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Zebo
I thought she was busted too for fraud (using a fake ID) which is also a Felony in Texas. Must have been thrown out...Either way these uber spoiled kids grow above the law which is why bush thinks he's above reproach and international law. Arrogance extreme.

I dont think it is a felony and in most cases the fake ID is just confiscated by the bartender. She did go to court on it, but i dont recall what the punishment was. It was light, but that still much harsher than the usual id confiscation. This is in no way a defense of her actions.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
rolleye.gif

A state governor who happens to be the leading contender for the Democratic challenger for the presidency. Nice glossing over. Expected and typical.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: AndrewR
rolleye.gif

A state governor who happens to be the leading contender for the Democratic challenger for the presidency. Nice glossing over. Expected and typical.

Ummm...right now Lieberman and Gephardy are the leading contenders. And by the way, if the liberal media are glossing this over, why isn't this all over Fox News and the Washington Times.....hmmm because no one cares!!