Welcome to the SETI TEAM our newest Member - JamesM3M5

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
Welcome to Team AnandTech SETI! :D

We are now 2,038 members strong. :)

I would like to introduce our newest member:

JamesM3M5 ---- Rank 2025 New ---- 1 :) ---- Mentor: Crazee

Your personal mentor will be contacting you shortly. He may not be able to contact you if you don?t have PMs enabled (Allow Private Messages) ? you can do that in your profile. :)

We hope you drop by often and say hello. :)

We like to recommend that all of our new members go to the following link and use the Preferred Method 2 Installation: SETI Help and Installation

Crazee

Elite Member
Nov 20, 2001
Welcome to the TeAm JamesM3M5 :D

It's great to have you with us! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help :)

JamesM3M5

Jul 2, 2002
I've trying to recruit friends with "unused" clock cycles to join! :D ;)

In fact, can I add a second computer to my account? (Forgive me if this is in the FAQ, as I haven't checked, yet) I have a Dell Pentium 3? 800MHz sitting on my desk at work, 512MB ram, running NT, and idle nearly 70% of the day!! My proxy at work filters NOTHING, so this would be great to boost our numbers.

JamesM

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Welcome! to Team Anandtech! :D

And yes, you can setup multiple PCs on your account, simply use your SETI email when setting each one up, (or you can also copy the user_info.sah file from a computer already setup and running).

Be sure to get permission, written preferably, to run SETI on work PCs. :)

JamesM3M5

Jul 2, 2002
Done. This thing seems pretty fast right now.

I checked CPU usage in the Task Manager (NT), and the CPU has been idle for over 5h 30m since I started up at 5:45 this morning. Thats only 30 mins of work out of 6 hours that I've been here.

JamesM