Welcome to the Distributed Computing Forum ... say Hello

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Orange Kid

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Haven't seen BMC fo a long time. Petrusbroder is around, but not as much as he used to be.
Good to see you, and a happy holiday back at ya. Stay safe and well.

Reactions: Smoke

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Hi amdxborg, good to see you here.
Much has changed: BMC is not around almost at all - I've seen him once lurking and not posting, but some other old timers are still going strong: assimilator1, smoke (now and then), markfw, GLeeM, Pokey, VirtualLarry, Neurodog, geecee, RoodyToody, Fardringle and som others.
Happy holydays to you stay healthy and well!

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Hey borgie :) , i think we had a a brief chat here a couple of months ago? Can't remember which project now......

Reactions: Smoke

Private Paula

Jan 1, 2021
www.planet3dnow.de
I started in April 2003 with Seti@home.
In May 2005 my favorit would be Folding@home.
Since 2018 i'm working for BOINC-Projects.
10nesseeTony says, that you could need some special help in particular situations.
Give me a ping, if i can help you, from time to time, within FB Sprints.
Greatings from Germay, an congratulations for your hit from nowhere at NumberFields.
Happy new Year and stay healthy.

Skivelitis2

Jan 1, 2021
Well, I'm playing with the Big Boys now. Quite a culture shock, but it feels strangely satisfying to be a small fish in a big pond again. Looking to help with FB, Pentathlon, PG Challenge Series, etc. Willing to devote my relatively meager resources wherever they will best serve the TeAm goals. Would love to be involved in strategy sessions for FB and the Pentathlon after I've proven myself for a while. As an old football coach in these parts used to say "the TeAm, the TeAm, the TeAm!"

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Well hello there! @Skivelitis2 Welcome!

We went from meager to Big Boys only in the last year or two. We are still getting used to all the eyes being upon us, and dirt being flung at us on occasion. We would love to have you along for the ride. :)

Skivelitis2

Jan 1, 2021
I've been known to shower at least once a month, a little dirt flinging never bothers me :)
Thanks to all for the welcome!

andy_3_913

Sep 16, 2022
Hi, welcome back :)
May I ask what your previous forum name was?

TAandy.

And just realised that I've been using gmail for so long that I forgot I used a different address when I originally signed up and the old account may well still be active.

I never claimed to be clever lol

Edit: And maybe not :(

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
Look what showed up in my email today!

You're the Rosetta@home user of the day!
Inbox

default-user=s80-p

BOINC user boinc@boinc.bakerlab.org via ipd.uw.edu
Jan 30, 2023, 10:25 PM (9 hours ago)

Congratulations!

You've been chosen as the Rosetta@home user of the day!

Your profile will be featured on the Rosetta@home website for the next 24 hours.

I really should change my picture ... that was 23 years ago.

That photo was taken when at age 60 I made 1st String All-American NSSA (Skeet). Due to my bad back I had to "hang up the cleats" if you know what I mean.

That's when I showed up here.

My greeters were WIZ and ASSIMILATOR1 who are still and always my very best close friends. I still count my times here at the very top of my life memories.

Thanks to all of you (too many to list) for allowing me to part of your number.