Welcome assassin24!

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Your guide and guru to all things HTPC and our newest moderator, assassin24, has arrived! He might accept bribes of a tasteful and discreet nature, I don't know. Also, I never said that.

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I had no idea what HTPC was.

Of course I googled it and now you've gone ahead and replaced the abbreviation. This will be an interesting forum to follow, to see what the most popular setups are. I look forward to hearing about them.

DarkRogue

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2007
I had no idea what HTPC was.

A Hyper-Threaded Pina Colada, clearly.

This will be an interesting new forum, considering the swath of new low-power/high performance hardware available, and proliferation of smaller form factors.

I used to think about setting up a Shuttle a while back, but maybe an HTPC would be better.

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
Welcome and HOORAY! for the new forum. Just in time for my new build.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Are existing HTPC threads going to be moved here? Would help make the forum a little more active and noticed as a starter.
For example, there are a few HTPC threads on the first page of General Hardware.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
I was thinking the exact same thing as Lonyo. Tons of HTPC-related threads are currently spread around in several different forums.

Btw, I just realized this, are you the infamous assassin of AVS forums?

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
welcome, should be a fun new forum. especially interested in what people are using for controlling their HTPCs.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I was thinking the exact same thing as Lonyo. Tons of HTPC-related threads are currently spread around in several different forums.

Btw, I just realized this, are you the infamous assassin of AVS forums?

1. List 'em and link 'em, I'll move them.

2. Yup. One and the same!

zzuupp

Lifer
Jul 6, 2008
Welcome

& have I been reading your advice over @ AVS for the last few years???

assassin24

HTPC Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
Thanks guys! Its an honor and privilege to be here and I am humbled.

I look forward to getting people into HTPC however possible.

truckerCLOCK

Dec 13, 2011
Just go over to AVS Forum. Tons of people think this guy is an a$$. Must be why he chose the name assassin. If you don't agree with his views/hardware choices then your wrong.

Nice welcome insult.

Seriously, if you don't have anything good to say in a welcome thread, it would be better that you just not post.

It's a threadcrap and we don't allow threadcrap in the tech forum.

If you actually have a problem with this moderator or any other moderator, post a thread in the moderator discussion forum. Just not in the threads

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Welcome!

Did they make the new forum specifically for you (since you are an expert), or was an HTPC forum already in mind and you fit the bill?

assassin24

HTPC Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
Welcome!

Did they make the new forum specifically for you (since you are an expert), or was an HTPC forum already in mind and you fit the bill?

No, they made the forum for YOU.

I just offered to help get it started. :)