Question Weird white box with globe and x, bottom right corner. Windows 10

jimbofoxman

Nov 28, 2005
We have a computer here at work that all of sudden started getting this white box on in the lower right corner. If we reboot it goes away, which we did yesterday afternoon. This morning when the person remoted in it was there again. It doesn't appear as a window in the task bar. Can't right click on it. Buddy thought it was NO INTERNET connection, but that's not true as the person is remoting into this machine at the time of capture. I see that their is some updates to install. Not sure what they are yet. We did updates yesterday before we rebooted.
.Photo Feb 12, 9 41 42 AM.jpg

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Maybe... an HP Update or Lenovo Update something-or other?

Have you checked out the startup tasks on that PC and tried selectively disabling them?

jimbofoxman

Nov 28, 2005
Maybe... an HP Update or Lenovo Update something-or other?

Have you checked out the startup tasks on that PC and tried selectively disabling them?

Maybe a Lenovo Update. At first I thought it was Avira Virus stuff as I had something stuck that same morning on my home computer, but different screen. I haven't checked startup tasks yet. I know it doesn't show up in Task Manager in the Apps section. It may be in the Background tasks, just don't know yet what it is.

I'll look here again in a bit when they have a free minute for me to jump on.

jimbofoxman

Nov 28, 2005
If you hover just right, a OK button appears. But it must be frozen as it does nothing.

Edit: I wonder if it was Avira. I just did a repair on the Avira install and that window disappeared. We'll see what happens.

aaa1e2r3

Feb 21, 2021
The same thing is happening on my laptop, I don't think it's related to Lenovo specifically, as my Laptop is an Asus. So it might be Windows that's the problem here.

Attachments

• 20210221_114307[1].jpg
    20210221_114307[1].jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 20

Singinly

Jun 2, 2021
This is a usual problem with Windows 7. A lot of people love this Windows, but I never liked it. I was using Windows XP, and after it, I changed to Windows 10. I had Windows 7 only for one week. I found a website to download Windows 7 Pro with a key, and it was so buggy. In my opinion, it is almost the same as Windows XP, but it eats too much RAM. In my opinion, Windows 10 is the best for several reasons. I like that it is easy to use and consumes a little from RAM. Also, the animation is pretty good and makes it more comfortable to use.

Last edited: