weird vsync issue with Crysis 2 with gtx670

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Like Toyota mentioned,you enable it to get 50fps,disable it and enable it and its back at 60fps....

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
yes it is only an issue in DX11 for Crysis 2 and DX10 for Crysis. lol, I have repeated that several times already.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
It's not something that would likely get fixed is it? I mean...support for those two titles is pretty much non existent right?

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
It's not something that would likely get fixed is it? I mean...support for those two titles is pretty much non existent right?
no way will they fix it for those games and I bet even Crysis 3 will still have the same issue.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
That's what I was thinking to myself too. If they haven't fixed it thus far between two engines, what's to say they fix it for the next one? Kind of sucks. 1080p is super common, I'd have thought they test it with that resolution.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
That's what I was thinking to myself too. If they haven't fixed it thus far between two engines, what's to say they fix it for the next one? Kind of sucks. 1080p is super common, I'd have thought they test it with that resolution.
the newest version of the Cryengine they showed just the other day still has the weird flickering in it too so it seems like some crap just never gets fixed. heck Skryim still has that odd 64hz issue just like it did in both of the Fallout games. stuff like that makes for a crappy gaming experience and its like they don't even give a damn.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Yeah I've noticed the skyrim stutter. Actually noticed it just today when I was playing. Not very bad, but somewhat distracting at times.

Almost makes me want to do SLI and turn off vsync entirely and just let the frames fly, although for Skyrim I've heard that messes up physics sometimes.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
I enjoyed gaming more back when I was ignorant and I had a crappy pc and played games on lower settings and res. this never ending battle to try and get a 60 fps smooth experience with vsync on has really taken all the enjoyment out of gaming. I spend almost as much time testing and tracking down fixes as I do playing. and there are some games that cant be fixed no matter what it seems. tbh I am really not all that interested in pc gaming at the moment and thinking about just selling my pc. lol

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
heh...don't do that. Honestly I pretty much just load up a game, set max settings and play it. Whatever it gets it gets. If it's really bad stutter or just slow, then I'll find out what to change to get that fixed. I'm actually considering SLI anyway to get better performance from some titles like BF3, I'm also planning to finally Play Metro 2033 and The Witcher 2. Pretty sure a single 670 at 1920x1200 is gonna be pretty slow when I turn up the settings.

I know with my moded skyrim settings and high res textures I'm getting 30fps sometimes, but it doesn't feel slow. It only seems low when I have fraps running lol.

Last edited:

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
heh...don't do that. Honestly I pretty much just load up a game, set max settings and play it. Whatever it gets it gets. If it's really bad stutter or just slow, then I'll find out what to change to get that fixed. I'm actually considering SLI anyway to get better performance from some titles like BF3, I'm also planning to finally Play Metro 2033 and The Witcher 2. Pretty sure a single 670 at 1920x1200 is gonna be pretty slow when I turn up the settings.

I know with my moded skyrim settings and high res textures I'm getting 30fps sometimes, but it doesn't feel slow. It only seems low when I have fraps running lol.

Dual gtx670 cards are pretty badass,BF3 fully maxed with 2 of them at 1080p is a blast and my fps at minimum are about 64fps,with some maps pumping out 120 average,so for 3d this might be the way to go,its nearly overkill but i figured i would be ready for any other games coming down the pipe for a long time.:thumbsup:

I green light the decision for sli gtx670s.:)

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Dual gtx670 cards are pretty badass,BF3 fully maxed with 2 of them at 1080p is a blast and my fps at minimum are about 64fps,with some maps pumping out 120 average,so for 3d this might be the way to go,its nearly overkill but i figured i would be ready for any other games coming down the pipe for a long time.:thumbsup:

I green light the decision for sli gtx670s.:)

Yeah but with a 60hz monitor? That's my dilemma lol. vsync off = screen tearing right? Or is it not that big a deal? I don't know what to believe.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Yeah but with a 60hz monitor? That's my dilemma lol. vsync off = screen tearing right? Or is it not that big a deal? I don't know what to believe.

I never see any tearing but maybe others do,game looks fine to me and i can't complain one bit.

zubbs1

May 7, 2011
Is there any truth to the crysis engine capping to 24 fps if connected to hd tv via hdmi? I read a post at Hard forum and wasn't sure if it was true? I only ask, because as soon as I get my RMA 670 back Crysis series was the first games I was going to play....

Edit:

Should have read the rest of the thread, it was answered by Ferzerp.

Last edited: