Weird question... my two bottom wisdom teeth smell bad!

JonTheBaller

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2002
If I push down on them with my finger, they leave a terrible odor on my finger. It's not like I don't brush my teeth or it's something I just ate. Clearly I should talk to a dentist, but I was wondering if anyone might know what is causing that smell? I have a feeling it might have something to do with blood? Any ideas?

marquee

Banned
Aug 25, 2003
you might have an infection back there. i had something similar when i had my wisdom teeth removed. gargle salt water for a couple days.

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: johnnytightlips
I didn't have them removed though...
you sure it's just your wisdom teeth? try putting your finger on other places of your mouth and see if it still smells. why are you sticking fingers in your mouth anyway?

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
Definitely sounds like an infection. Rinse your mouth with warm salt water and go to a dentist.

-geoff

JonTheBaller

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2002
Originally posted by: thirtythree
I didn't have them removed though...
you sure it's just your wisdom teeth? try putting your finger on other places of your mouth and see if it still smells. why are you sticking fingers in your mouth anyway?

No I'm actually not sure it's my wisdom teeth. It feels like a tooth under the gums. And that's the only place in my mouth that smells bad.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I know that we're all cracker jack certified dentists but go see a dentist.

Make sure that you are flossing at least once a day, brushing and using mouth wash (although I heard this dries out your mouth - something like that).

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Go see a Dentist!!

Do you have any little sores on the gum in that area that break? An infection draining itself. Might be from a tooth even farther forward. Itll show on an xray if so.

GroundZero

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
are you sure that this smell isn't from putting your finger somewhere else before you put it in your mouth?

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Your wisdom teeth could be coming in contact with your molars, causing the area of impact to decay. The wisdom teeth will eventually cause the back molars to die if not removed.

Apathetic

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2002
Originally posted by: GroundZero
are you sure that this smell isn't from putting your finger somewhere else before you put it in your mouth?

Ughhh... So much for dinner... :p

Dave

Rumpltzer

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003
If I push down on them with my finger, they leave a terrible odor on my finger. It's not like I don't brush my teeth or it's something I just ate. Clearly I should talk to a dentist, but I was wondering if anyone might know what is causing that smell? I have a feeling it might have something to do with blood? Any ideas?

eeiww
eeiww
eeiww!

fatkorean

Dec 17, 2001
Is your wisdom teeth fully out? Or are they impacted or partially covered? If they are, its probably food particles getting under your gums and thats where the smell is coming from. If not.. then dunno.. :p

-fk