Weird Neighbor and Weird Things They are Doing! - Updated See First Post

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: cr4zymofo
Fetts... go over to your neighbour and apologize.
Agreed.

While I admire Fetts for being able to admit here that she was wrong, I still feel strongly that she should apologize to her neighbors for wrongly suspecting them, for invading their privacy without their knowledge, and for wrongly heving them subjected them to police interrogation and search.

Psychoholic

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
If you were my neighbor and I found out you called and accused me of something like this I would assure you I could make you have to move all quite legally.
Oh boy, another armchair attorney....
rolleye.gif

People accuse people of things all the time. A wife accuses her husband of spousal abuse, "Jimbob" accuses "BillyBob" of keying his car, etc. It's up to the cops to determine whther there's a reason to investigate further or not.

Using your logic, we should be able to sue Christians for calling us all sinners....

As far as apologies to the neighbor goes, no one here knows how we have handled that aspect of the issue. However, wouldn't it be invading our privacy, and that of our neighbors to ask??? :D

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Originally posted by: alkemyst
Originally posted by: FettsBabe
You know there are words for Trolls that post under new handles because they are afraid to tell everyone their real name. Trolls mind your own business, what is that business you might ask???? Being afraid to face your peers and stating how you really feel. So Sad. Grow Up.

It is not illegal to post pics. If its public a picture can be taken. Why do you think Barbara Streisands beach home is still being printed?

How many of you pervs post pics of girls you know so others can drool over them? Do they know the pics are being posted? ;)

Sampson, my property value is my business!

WRONGO LOSER!

A celebrity gives up their 'privateness', you post pictures of someone else or their property that's an invasion of privacy, whether or not you could see it or not...the intention was not to share with a larger audience.

Now saying libelous things are a totally different matter.

I'd love someone to share this thread with your neighbor and a bored local attorney....better get your checkbook out.

Tell ya what on the property value thing, move to a 'real' neighborhood then with gates and a security team that drives around in little carts....make sure it has a HOA agreement that specifies nothing is allowed that you might get your spoiled panties in a bunch over....then figure out how to pay for the membership.

If you were my neighbor and I found out you called and accused me of something like this I would assure you I could make you have to move all quite legally.

Å

You're talking out of your ass. So it's OK to take pictures of a celebrities house but not other people? That makes no sense. Taking pictures of someone's yard is NOT invasion of privacy if you can take the pictures from your property or from public grounds.

An attorney would have a hard time making a case of this. The only claim you might be able to make is defamation of character - but I don't really see that from this thread.

You obviously know very little about law, so why speak up and pretend that you do?

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
At the very least it's about time to LOCK THIS THREAD

It has stagnated, people are supplying gas and sparks... there's going to be flame and a LOT of it.

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Been watching this thread and boy did it turn out to be a doozie!!

There is nothing wrong with wanting to protect your lifestyle and neighborhood. And I can even understand calling the police to investigate. Posting the photos with suspicions, while probably not illegal, is not the right thing to do, imho. I would have called the police and voiced my concerns and given them photos if need be.

However, now that all suspicions have been proven baseless, I would feel like a heel for reporting them. I would hope that I would be brave enuf to face them and confess that it was me that reported them, but I don't know if I would be that brave. I certainly would have a hard time facing them and being friendly after doing something like that, that's for sure.

cottonmouth

Jan 7, 2004
tell you what Psychoholic and Fetts....why don't you post their phone number, I'll give them a call, point them to this thread...and we'll see what their reaction to this would be. Focker!

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: DougK62

You're talking out of your ass. So it's OK to take pictures of a celebrities house but not other people? That makes no sense. Taking pictures of someone's yard is NOT invasion of privacy if you can take the pictures from your property or from public grounds.

An attorney would have a hard time making a case of this. The only claim you might be able to make is defamation of character - but I don't really see that from this thread.

You obviously know very little about law, so why speak up and pretend that you do?

Do you know what being a celebrity or other 'presence' means? You can take pot shots publicly at Michael Jackson and manipulate his pictures at will....doing that to a private individual can get you sued quick....very quick.

Taking a simple snapshot is not an invasion....posting a story about the snapshot is.

You don't see a defamation of character problem with this tread? Are you blind? Do the words 'probably a drinker' fall on your blind eyes?

Go away kid.

Å

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Originally posted by: DougK62

Do you know what being a celebrity or other 'presence' means?

Taking a simple snapshot is not an invasion....posting a story about the snapshot is.

You don't see a defamation of character problem with this tread? Are you blind? Do the words 'probably a drinker' fall on your blind eyes?

Go away kid.

Å

So someone is a 'celebrity' or 'presence' - that makes NO difference in regards to taking pictures of their property. NOTHING. It's the same as taking pictures of your neighbors property. Last I checked, there are a lot of publications that take snapshots of people's property and write stories about it - and you can bet that they aren't all completely truthful.

I see no defamation of character in this thread. Pick up a book and read.

Go away kid. You're out of your league in this topic.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Do you know what being a celebrity or other 'presence' means? You can take pot shots publicly at Michael Jackson and manipulate his pictures at will....doing that to a private individual can get you sued quick....very quick.

Go away kid.

Å
You're such a moron it amazes me you can manage to type on a keyboard. Let me clue you in real quick before I head off for the day.

- Defamation of character happens when there an entity has been identified and linked to allegations - that has not occured here.
- FettsBabe and Psycholic have not stated that their neighbours are meth or pot growers/dealers. Rather, they informed us of "weird things they are doing", listed one or two possible suspicions and the thread grew from there.

Tell me, where did they actually state that their unnamed neigbours are criminals? Learn the law, kid.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: cottonmouth
tell you what Psychoholic and Fetts....why don't you post their phone number, I'll give them a call, point them to this thread...and we'll see what their reaction to this would be. Focker!
Why don't you post under your real handle if you feel so strongly about it, you pussy. That goes for the rest of the chickensh*t trolls in this thread.
rolleye.gif

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
alkemyst, I am a paralegal and am very versed in the areas of liability. We are not liable for anything we have done. We did not slander their character as they were not named nor did we slander them to the police. We simply told them that we noticed some unusual things that happened recently. If the cops didn't agree that it was unusual they would not have felt the need to check it out.

Also, Psycho is quite intelligent and has been around the forums for a long time. He, nor I, would do anything to get banned.

I ask you again, do you look at the photos other people post? The photos I am referring to is pictures of girlfriends, pets, etc.

Cotton, You can't carry on a conversation without using vulgarity. Why didn't you take the time you spent posting here and use it to read the dictionary so you can expand your vocabulary? This would be a great way to expand your horizon and vocabulary. Then maybe, just maybe, someone would care about what you said.

After all, why don't you tell us who you really are? Are you afraid your immaturity would slander your real name????

Regarding celebs, they do not give up their right to privacy. People take their privacy away by swarming around them like vulturs instead of respecting their right to go shopping, watch a movie, etc. People use the celeb status an excuse to hover over them and stalk them. Exactly what did they do to make you feel that you can take their picture? Certainly appearing in a movie does not take away someone's right to privacy.

Do you ever take pictures of mountains, beaches, etc? You do realize that is someone elses property. If it was illegal we would not have pictures on puzzles, pictures in travel books, etc.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Go away kid.

Å

An anonymous poster on a message board posts pictures of an RV of an unnamed neighbor and says she is suspicious of the neighbor's actions. The only clue we have is a city and state.

An unnamed policeman says the unnamed neighbor drinks.

If you can give me the names and addresses of the people in question, then you might have a complaint, although even then it's not illegal if it's true.

As it is, no one knows anything about the characters in this story. There's no proof of anything illegal on either side.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: yllus
You're such a moron it amazes me you can manage to type on a keyboard. Let me clue you in real quick before I head off for the day.

- Defamation of character happens when there an entity has been identified and linked to allegations - that has not occured here.
- FettsBabe and Psycholic have not stated that their neighbours are meth or pot growers/dealers. Rather, they informed us of "weird things they are doing", listed one or two possible suspicions and the thread grew from there.

Tell me, where did they actually state that their unnamed neigbours are criminals? Learn the law, kid.

They made enough statements that if this people were to be approached by someone claiming they saw the pictures, found out where the OP lived and by deduction confronted them they'd have a case.

There was a case locally that someone posted something just like that, all innocent and no names and no accusations, just a picture of a compromising effent and that person that posted it was arrested when the pictures became popular here.

The internet is a smaller place than you'd imagine and law suits are very real.

Å

Grow up, and learn how to talk like an adult instead of a kid wanting to be an adult. I find your lack of vocabulary pathetic.
Sure pal. I'll get right on that because some random tool on a forum changed my mind and compelled me not to express my opinion.
I find your lack of substance in your personal attack against me pathetic. Besides criticizing my grammar do you have anything constructive to say?
I'm guessing you don't, otherwise you would have posted it. Please, stfu.

You know there are words for Trolls that post under new handles because they are afraid to tell everyone their real name. Trolls mind your own business, what is that business you might ask???? Being afraid to face your peers and stating how you really feel. So Sad. Grow Up.

It is not illegal to post pics. If its public a picture can be taken. Why do you think Barbara Streisands beach home is still being printed?

How many of you pervs post pics of girls you know so others can drool over them? Do they know the pics are being posted?

Are you referring to my nickname change? Or are you talking about someone else?
I requested to the mods to have my nickname changed, because I have been using this one since the beginning. When I first registered here, sampson was taken. My apologies if this caused any confusion.

Valuing property is MY business, so if you would like to discuss the impacts this type of situation would have on your values, Id be happy to talk about it.
Being a snoopy neighbor is good to a point, when you have sound reason to do so. The evidence you have is loosely knit at BEST. In reality, you are just being extremely paranoid. If there was a meth lab and something happened, it would take a major outflux of residence to even BEGIN to affect your values. So, that's not really a totally valid point, though it does have its merits. You should know that if you manage properties as you say.

WRONGO LOSER!

A celebrity gives up their 'privateness', you post pictures of someone else or their property that's an invasion of privacy, whether or not you could see it or not...the intention was not to share with a larger audience.

I'd love someone to share this thread with your neighbor and a bored local attorney....better get your checkbook out.

Tell ya what on the property value thing, move to a 'real' neighborhood then with gates and a security team that drives around in little carts....make sure it has a HOA agreement that specifies nothing is allowed that you might get your spoiled panties in a bunch over....then figure out how to pay for the membership.

Sorry kid, you're wrong. Anything that the public can see from public property is allowed to be captured on film, and displayed to the public.
I come across this issue a LOT in my profession.
I have to take pictures of every house I use in my reports for appraising. Which means I have to physically go to the house, and capture a picture from the sidewalk or street. This must be done on EVERY SINGLE REPORT. So I do this about 50 times a week minimum.

Many times the owners of the house see me doing this, or see me through their window, and they approach me about it. Everytime I have to explain the same thing to them. Anything viewable from a piece of public property is considered public property, and can be captured on film.

Now, if the house has many windblock, or sightblocking trees, then its illegal to step onto their property for a picture. Unless there are circumstances such as mine, being state and federally licensed.

So before you start rambling more about things you have no clue about, except your own opinions, I suggest you stop. You just might make yourself look like a bigger ass than you already have.

cottonmouth

Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by: FettsBabeCotton, You can't carry on a conversation without using vulgarity. Why didn't you take the time you spent posting here and use it to read the dictionary so you can expand your vocabulary? This would be a great way to expand your horizon and vocabulary. Then maybe, just maybe, someone would care about what you said.

After all, why don't you tell us who you really are? Are you afraid your immaturity would slander your real name????

Last time I checked, Focker was the name of a character in a movie, not vularity...however the word 'bitch' is vulgar. I have said it before, this is ME, I am not one of your pathetic little trolls on this board, as a matter of fact, from the board I come from...my handle is Jaybird...but that's already taken here, so cottonmouth will do. Don't like it, tough!

Murphyrulez

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Murphyrulez
Originally posted by: Dezign

0wn3d.

(question is... by a newb, or regular in disguise? welcome, cottonmouth)

I expected better of you... Welcoming an obvious troll, who registered another username just to flame?

I for one am glad Fett did what she did, I would do the same. If 10 people report suspicious activity, and 2 of those reports are valid, I would say bravo to all 10... What happens when nobody says anything for fear of offending someone?

This is freaking funny....with your ALMOST 450 all positive feedbacks on ebay and 5 neutrals that are actually great feedbacks but still a neutral and then you saying you would leave a POSITIVE feedback for someone that charged $12 for a package that cost only $4 to ship, arrived late due to shipping a GAME CONSOLE as media mail, and in a rotten box.

LOL LOL LOL what a F-ing hypocrite you are!

Å

What the hell are you talking about? What does this thread have to do with ebay? And when did I say I would leave positive feedback for a gaming console?
Do you even know what you are typing?
Fscking moron.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
alkemyst, I am a paralegal and am very versed in the areas of liability. We are not liable for anything we have done. We did not slander their character as they were not named nor did we slander them to the police. We simply told them that we noticed some unusual things that happened recently. If the cops didn't agree that it was unusual they would not have felt the need to check it out.

bahahaha I love paralegals giving legal advice, you are just a glorified secretary, on top of that tell us what kind of law the lawyers practice, even a real-estate lawyer will pass on taking a medical malpractice suit

This is the the same way with this nurse's aides and assistants in my Biological Science education....they'd start talking like 'doctors' with the measly 3 month certifications, and get their tails handed to them by the real scientists.....

Also, Psycho is quite intelligent and has been around the forums for a long time. He, nor I, would do anything to get banned.

I ask you again, do you look at the photos other people post? The photos I am referring to is pictures of girlfriends, pets, etc.

banned? who said banned, we are talking legal action your neighbor's could address.

Posting pics of ex-girlfriends can get you in trouble yes, posting pics of almost anyone without permission (unless they are a celebrity) can get you in trouble. Posting a picture with a story is even more risky.

A pet is a whole different animal (pun intended).....

Cotton, You can't carry on a conversation without using vulgarity. Why didn't you take the time you spent posting here and use it to read the dictionary so you can expand your vocabulary? This would be a great way to expand your horizon and vocabulary. Then maybe, just maybe, someone would care about what you said.

I love the people that claim because profanity is used it must equal a small vocabulary. As only a paralegal what bustling education/vocabulary can you claim. Currently I am learning Japanese, I know a little French, very little spanish....have been published for poetry, which I write sometimes and yet still because I say something off color I get accused of having a limited vocab.

Sometimes saying one is an idiot, is all that's required, saying they are a f-ing idiot is only for emphasis....expanding on that to say they are as ignorant as the moss upon the tree in the dismal forest of life is a waste.

Regarding celebs, they do not give up their right to privacy. People take their privacy away by swarming around them like vulturs instead of respecting their right to go shopping, watch a movie, etc. People use the celeb status an excuse to hover over them and stalk them. Exactly what did they do to make you feel that you can take their picture? Certainly appearing in a movie does not take away someone's right to privacy.

Wrong, by becoming a celebrity whether by one's on volition or not, or a public figure you give up some rights to sue based on slander, libel or invasion of privacy. This is a fact.

Do you ever take pictures of mountains, beaches, etc? You do realize that is someone elses property. If it was illegal we would not have pictures on puzzles, pictures in travel books, etc.

that is probably the most retarded, utterly stupid, totally moronic statement one has ever made here.

Å

Murphyrulez

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Dezign

0wn3d.

(question is... by a newb, or regular in disguise? welcome, cottonmouth)

I expected better of you... Welcoming an obvious troll, who registered another username just to flame?

I for one am glad Fett did what she did, I would do the same. If 10 people report suspicious activity, and 2 of those reports are valid, I would say bravo to all 10... What happens when nobody says anything for fear of offending someone?

This is freaking funny....with your ALMOST 450 all positive feedbacks on ebay and 5 neutrals that are actually great feedbacks but still a neutral and then you saying you would leave a POSITIVE feedback for someone that charged $12 for a package that cost only $4 to ship, arrived late due to shipping a GAME CONSOLE as media mail, and in a rotten box.

LOL LOL LOL what a F-ing hypocrite you are!

Å

Double Own3d! :Q

You think I was owned by a moron who has no idea what he is saying? I have no idea what he is talking about a gaming console for.....

I can tell you are going to be a real contributor to ATOT... Welcome aboard, asshole...

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

What the hell are you talking about? What does this thread have to do with ebay? And when did I say I would leave positive feedback for a gaming console?
Fscking moron.

it has to do with the fact you mentioned people are afraid to make statements for fear of offending someone.

Why would you suggest a positive feedback for an obviously terrible transaction. How can you honestly say you'd give a positive on that transaction?

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=38&threadid=1141660&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=arc

DAKKON:
So I got an old Sega Genesis off ebay 2 weeks ago...picked it up for $6 cause it didnt include any controller, and was "missing" tv hookups but he sent some cables that might work (which did)....but it did come with a few games. So I'm pretty happy BUT there is one little thing...he charged me $12 for shipping...and then sends me the system in a beat up old box with ONE of those little inflated pillows for no appaernt reason except to cushion the blows possibly? no other packing material apart from that...and then on top of all that he was across country and shipped Media Mail which is why it took till today to get to me...total shipping charge was $4.07...so i say maybe a $1 was spent on packing materials and thats being very generous i think...and then another $1 for paypal fees...so I'm out $4 I think...maybe I'm just being a stickler but...what do u guys think?

MurphyRulez:
I would give a positive, but mention poor shipping in the feedback so people know, and he may clean up his act...

Å

cottonmouth

Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by: SampSon
Sorry kid, you're wrong. Anything that the public can see from public property is allowed to be captured on film, and displayed to the public.
I come across this issue a LOT in my profession.
I have to take pictures of every house I use in my reports for appraising. Which means I have to physically go to the house, and capture a picture from the sidewalk or street. This must be done on EVERY SINGLE REPORT. So I do this about 50 times a week minimum.

Many times the owners of the house see me doing this, or see me through their window, and they approach me about it. Everytime I have to explain the same thing to them. Anything viewable from a piece of public property is considered public property, and can be captured on film.

Now, if the house has many windblock, or sightblocking trees, then its illegal to step onto their property for a picture. Unless there are circumstances such as mine, being state and federally licensed.

So before you start rambling more about things you have no clue about, except your own opinions, I suggest you stop. You just might make yourself look like a bigger ass than you already have.

speaking of which....looks like some did tresspass to click a few of those photos, matter of fact, what happened to the pics Fetts? Getting a little nervous now? Is reality finally setting in?

alkemyst read my post please.

speaking of which....looks like some did tresspass to click a few of those photos, matter of fact, what happened to the pics Fetts? Getting a little nervous now? Is reality finally setting in?
Did you register this nick just to come in this thread? You can respond to me under your normal nick. It's not that scary.

I'm not sure where the pics were taken from. If they were taken from fett's residence then they are still completely legal. Only if they crossed into that other persons property, would ANY legalities be brought into the mix.

Murphyrulez

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2001

Fscking moron.

it has to do with the fact you mentioned people are afraid to make statements for fear of offending someone.

Why would you suggest a positive feedback for an obviously terrible transaction. How can you honestly say you'd give a positive on that transaction?

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=38&threadid=1141660&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=arc

DAKKON:
So I got an old Sega Genesis off ebay 2 weeks ago...picked it up for $6 cause it didnt include any controller, and was "missing" tv hookups but he sent some cables that might work (which did)....but it did come with a few games. So I'm pretty happy BUT there is one little thing...he charged me $12 for shipping...and then sends me the system in a beat up old box with ONE of those little inflated pillows for no appaernt reason except to cushion the blows possibly? no other packing material apart from that...and then on top of all that he was across country and shipped Media Mail which is why it took till today to get to me...total shipping charge was $4.07...so i say maybe a $1 was spent on packing materials and thats being very generous i think...and then another $1 for paypal fees...so I'm out $4 I think...maybe I'm just being a stickler but...what do u guys think?

MurphyRulez:
I would give a positive, but mention poor shipping in the feedback so people know, and he may clean up his act...

Å

So you are in the habit of giving negative feedback for auctions that end well?? Sounds like you are exactly the asshole we all think you are. Wow, if he didn't want to pay $12 to have it shipped he shouldn't have bid. The system arrived in working condition....

Anything else you want to try to dig up on me since you are on an agenda, I see....

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999

How many of you pervs post pics of girls you know so others can drool over them? Do they know the pics are being posted? ;)

WRONGO LOSER!

Å

Where did you get your law degree, a crackerjack box? You don't know the law and you don't understand the law so why don't you take your self-righteous condescending ignorance and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. But feel free to post more of your trash as apparently you like the taste of foot.

cottonmouth

Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by: SampSon
alkemyst read my post please.

Did you register this nick just to come in this thread? You can respond to me under your normal nick. It's not that scary.

Looks like you're the one who needs to start READING posts.
rolleye.gif

Last time I checked, Focker was the name of a character in a movie, not vularity...however the word 'bitch' is vulgar. I have said it before, this is ME, I am not one of your pathetic little trolls on this board, as a matter of fact, from the board I come from...my handle is Jaybird...but that's already taken here, so cottonmouth will do. Don't like it, tough!