Weird dream about bridges and high-rise buildings.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
After resisting the urge to fully participate in compuwiz1's euphoric display of posting prowess, I went to bed this morning and did not set up my alarm clock. As a result, I slept about 12h. Near the end of my slumbers, I had a strange dream. In it I was back in Fredericton, New Brunswick and had just moved in on the 14th floor of a high-rise building with Sarah Michelle Gellar (that is unusual, I'm a big fan but she rarely appears in my dreams, yet twice recently). I was settings things up while she was chatting with some ladyfriends, just looking pretty and bubbly. Some time later, I went outside the apartment to explore the building a bit.

Turns out at our floor level there were bridges connecting our building to similar skyscrapers. When I lived in Fredericton in the 80s, there might have been the one building that reached twenty floors but the dream version of this city had about forty of them.

I walked across the covered bridge to a nearby building. Inside it, there was like a shopping mall with many stores and boutiques, small medical clinics, even some circus acts like jugglers and magicians. The layout was similar in several other buildings. After a while, I decided to get back home but I could not. As it turns out, each bridge remained stationary but the buildings all moved once you crossed it, in a manner like the old SNES game Brainlord. Try as I may, I had not found my way home by the time I woke up.

Weird dream indeed. :D

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I had THE EXACT SAME DREAM, only it was the late Generalissimo Fransisco Franco's corpse (I'm a big fan), not Sarah Michelle, and it was set in Newark, NJ. (well, Nutley, actually, which is close).

Oh, and instead of bridges connecting the buildings there were talking spatulas and smirking aardvarks dressed in a style that looked to be late Regency brocade literally EVERYWHERE.

Weird how two people with different forum nics and, possibly, shoe sized, can have THE EXACT SAME DREAM, huh? :shocked:

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
Originally posted by: Perknose
I had THE EXACT SAME DREAM, only it was the late Generalissimo Fransisco Franco's corpse (I'm a big fan), not Sarah Michelle, and it was set in Newark, NJ. (well, Nutley, actually, which is close).

Oh, and instead of bridges connecting the buildings there were talking spatulas and smirking aardvarks dressed in a style that looked to be late Regency brocade literally EVERYWHERE.

Weird how two people with different forum nics and, possibly, shoe sized, can have THE EXACT SAME DREAM, huh? :shocked:

I want some of whatever you have ;)

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
HORSEFACE??? /edit: No, that's Sarah Jessica Parker, screwed up there;)

Bah, that's not "weird." My dreams are weird.

So, for unknown reasons, the devil came to me and was going to drag my soul down to hell. Needless to say, this was not part of my five-year plan, so I started bargaining with him. By the end of it, I'm free to go, he's commissioned a bunch of photos at exorbitant cost, and what's more, he's paying me interest for the use of my camera and memory card.

With that straightened out, I went back to this fancy apartment complex that I was staying at while I attended summer classes. Unfortunately, I was skipping a lot of classes and not doing much homework, because life at the complex was complicated: Besides these two other girls who were attending classes with me, staying at the apartment complex was Fidel Castro, Pope John-Paul II, and a bunch of CIA operatives who are trying to assassinate Fidel because the devil promised them secret technology if they managed it. Apparently the devil had it in for Fidel, because he hadn't returned some trinket. For some bizarre reason I was in possession of Fidel's laptop. Now, for some reason my deal with the devil has soured, since I was now obligated to kill Fidel for him, as part of the negotiations. I knew that the devil just wanted his trinket back, so I arrange a meeting with Fidel through the Pope.

Well, I went over to his apartment complex, taking care not to get shot by the CIA, and the Pope helped me with a disguise (wig and everything), before letting me through the door into Fidel's apartment. I left the laptop in the outer vestibule with the Pope, but just as the Pope was closing the door, one of the girls managed to swipe the charger (she was working for the CIA). Well, Fidel was a bit on edge because of the CIA, and he suggested that it would be better if he just got me a cellphone and we could discuss things at our leisure, later. He picked up the room phone and started jabbering away in Cuban. After he hung up, he told me that it would arrive tomorrow. "They can't be tapped, right?" "Uh, well...yeah, they can," I allowed. Hearing that, he headed over to this call box, like you'd see in a nursing home. Pressing the key, he affected a weak, panicked voice, every bit an elderly man in distress. Screeching alarms started going off, and he told me in a low voice that I have a few minutes to explain the situation fully without the CIA being able to hear. Speaking quickly, I outlined the situation, explaining that the devil was feeling particularly peevish due to my outwitting him (Fidel laughed when I explained what I'd done), and had sent both myself and the CIA after Fidel. I then told him that I had no intention of having to kill anyone, and suggested that if he returned the devil's trinket, the whole thing would probably stop.

Unfortunately, I woke up then, so I don't know what happened next.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jagec
Unfortunately, I woke up then, so I don't know what happened next.
Were there telltale signs of a nocturnal emission?