Weird connection issue, scans reveal nothing.

ajaxsirius

May 11, 2012
Hi, I've got this weird connection issue and I have no idea what's causing it so I was hoping I could post the symptoms here and maybe someone else could point me in the right direction.

• This started this morning after 9ish. Had no problems early when I woke up.
  • www.facebook.com won't load at all. I get the name facebook in the title but it hangs on "transfering data from" and there's nothing on the page.
  • www.penny-arcade.com loads everything except the comic itself. Ads load properly. I have adblock plus but i have it always had it disabled for penny arcade.
  • As far as I can tell, all other websites load perfectly. AT, imgur, toms, google news, youtube.
  • facebook and penny arcade load fine if I go through a web proxy.
  • Other computers on my home network do not have this problem. They use firefox too.
  • I tried Internet Explorer, same problem.
  • MSSE and Malwarebytes scans reveal nothing.
  • I have not installed anything or updated anything between today and yesterday. Nor have I made any changes to my connection settings.
:'(

Doublejr

Jul 25, 2004
Check how your computer is connected to the internet and make sure it isn't going through a proxy. Check through the control panel or open internet explorer go to options->internet options->connections->lan settings and check for proxy there. It is the same as through the control panel.

ajaxsirius

May 11, 2012
Well I did that and no proxy was being used. In the end I tried changing my DNS settings in the router to see what happened and the problems have gone away.

I was on OpenDNS before, using ISP DNS now.