Weinstein gets his charges consolidated and some old charges dropped.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Anybody surprised they took him to Bellevue instead of Rikers?
Amazing how medical problems just happen to crop up for rich and well represented people right as they are about to be transferred there.

I personally would have thought that medical problems would be more likely among poor people but I guess that shows how little I know about medicine.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Amazing how medical problems just happen to crop up for rich and well represented people right as they are about to be transferred there.

I personally would have thought that medical problems would be more likely among poor people but I guess that shows how little I know about medicine.
Paul Manafort broke down mysteriously during his trial. Bill Cosby started going blind during his trial. Although his eyes managed to focus when the topless woman in silver body paint came to the courthouse.

• Haha
Reactions: thilanliyan

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Paul Manafort broke down mysteriously during his trial. Bill Cosby started going blind during his trial. Although his eyes managed to focus when the topless woman in silver body paint came to the courthouse.

What a medical miracle! I hope researchers are able to study him to see how this can be used to help others.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Haha. Statement from Harvey's lawyers as a reason for him not to be immediately remanded. Apparently courtrooms cause blindness
"He has appeared in court each and every time, and has significant medical issues," argued Rotunno. "He needs his walker; he takes multiple medications; he’s currently receiving shots in his eyes because he’s going blind."

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
You're so pathetic to have Trump living in your head like that. What possible incentive would Trump have to pardon Weinstein? Besides, as others have pointed out, he's not going to jail for federal crimes. You should know this. But with Trump in the White House, your IQ has gone down even further than when Obama was in charge.

Besides, I can't imagine that Harvy is a Trump supporter. And all the cool kids know that Trump is the vindictive spawn of satan, so he's probably all giggly at the thought of the guy going to jail.

Trump adding him to his pardon short list. Wonder if all those Republican women would react "no big deal he has the power to do it" like they did for Stone.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
You're so pathetic to have Trump living in your head like that. What possible incentive would Trump have to pardon Weinstein? Besides, as others have pointed out, he's not going to jail for federal crimes. You should know this. But with Trump in the White House, your IQ has gone down even further than when Obama was in charge.

Besides, I can't imagine that Harvy is a Trump supporter. And all the cool kids know that Trump is the vindictive spawn of satan, so he's probably all giggly at the thought of the guy going to jail.
Probably the same reason Republicans think Trump gets Dem support for pardoning Blago.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Haha. Statement from Harvey's lawyers as a reason for him not to be immediately remanded. Apparently courtrooms cause blindness

I found this recently and had to share:

EKZKfYn.jpg

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
The whole Weinstein affair is really depressing. And it points to the fact that Hollywood is problematical. What else can it possibly mean? This man took advantage of dozens of young starlets exploiting his power as a movie mogul.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
- Well, that was his problem all along, wasn't it?

Buy em dinner, take them out, and treat em right like the rest of us!

Except when you're in a position to force a woman to put out or never work in the business again. The 'casting couch' has long been a mainstay of Holywood producers and directors. The business knew what Harvey was up to, and still let him get away with it. The powers that be only really cared when Trump became president. Trump was talking about guys like Weinstein as much as himself in the infamous p*ssy grabbing recording.

If Trump had never run for president, I'd be willing to bet that Weinstein would still be abusing his power and women.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You're so pathetic to have Trump living in your head like that. What possible incentive would Trump have to pardon Weinstein?
What possible incentive did Trump have to pardon a war criminal? The war criminal who's fellow soldiers said this guy is crazy. But he did it. BTW - In your question you inferred if Weinstein were a Trump supporter a pardon might have been under consideration (assuming federal crime).

Don't blame me because your guy is a dirtbag

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Except when you're in a position to force a woman to put out or never work in the business again. The 'casting couch' has long been a mainstay of Holywood producers and directors. The business knew what Harvey was up to, and still let him get away with it. The powers that be only really cared when Trump became president. Trump was talking about guys like Weinstein as much as himself in the infamous p*ssy grabbing recording.

If Trump had never run for president, I'd be willing to bet that Weinstein would still be abusing his power and women.
Timing had nothing to do with Trump it was more the rise of #metoo. Cosby had way more influence on this then Trump. Cosby's case in PA backfiring was one of the main catalysts.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The whole Weinstein affair is really depressing. And it points to the fact that Hollywood is problematical. What else can it possibly mean? This man took advantage of dozens of young starlets exploiting his power as a movie mogul.
Maybe someone will finally burn the casting couch.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Maybe someone will finally burn the casting couch.

I think this is an indicator of a much larger problem.
There's an innate desire in the male brain to control and dominate the world around him. Civilized men learn to curb those urges and not abuse people especially if they haven't done anything to deserve it. As society starts to slowly break down more and more men turn away from their civilized upbringing and start acting on their base impulses. If the people surrounding such men never do anything to stop them then they learn "this is the way that works, so I'll keep doing it". Emotionally Weinstein is like Trump, children in the bodies of grown men. When they get their way they mouth off like little idiots, when they dont get their way they whine like little brats.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

Nah, look at what happened to Joe Paterno after his fall from grace. Dead in what, less than 5 years?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Harvey had a very convenient slip and fall leading to him getting a very convenient hospital visit instead of the less convenient jail accommodations.
He gets sentenced on March 11, if anyone cares.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

Not a surprise but he begged people to save him and suggested certain accusers be killed.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

Not a surprise but he begged people to save him and suggested certain accusers be killed.
BAM!!
“U deserve a lifetime achievement award for the sheer savagery and immorality and inhumanness, for the acts u have perpetrated,” Bob Weinstein wrote.
“I pray there is a real hell,” he wrote. “That’s where u belong.”

even his brother thinks he should burn in hell.

Jan 25, 2011
Old Harvey gets 23 years in prison. 20 for Criminal Sexual Act in the 1st degree. 3 for Rape in the 3rd degree.

May he rot in hell.