Weinstein gets his charges consolidated and some old charges dropped.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Did a search, cant find the old thread.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...rvey-weinstein-to-be-consolidated-to-5-counts

Now I know fox news isnt popular, but this is the first link that pops up and also has good info.
And I dont think the would lie about the details of a court case. They may share lots of BS opinions, but this is regular reporting.

MY opinion is Harvey has been getting off easy. If this were somebody else there would not have been bail allowed and they wouldnt be getting all these delays. (Trial starts in January).

Also if the stuff in that Hulu documentary was true, Harvey is a real monster who keeps saying "I made a mistake" even clearly nothing he's ever done was a mistake. Every action has been calculated and deliberate.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
"Harvey Weinstein was found guilty Monday of committing a criminal sex act in the first degree involving one woman and rape in the third degree involving another woman.
The disgraced movie mogul faces a minimum of five years and a maximum of 29 years in prison. He was handcuffed and taken into custody after the verdict."

Sentencing isn't until next month, so we'll have to wait until next month to see how seriously the sentencer takes the verdict.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
"Harvey Weinstein was found guilty Monday of committing a criminal sex act in the first degree involving one woman and rape in the third degree involving another woman.
The disgraced movie mogul faces a minimum of five years and a maximum of 29 years in prison. He was handcuffed and taken into custody after the verdict."

Sentencing isn't until next month, so we'll have to wait until next month to see how seriously the sentencer takes the verdict.
Trump adding him to his pardon short list. Wonder if all those Republican women would react "no big deal he has the power to do it" like they did for Stone.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Trump adding him to his pardon short list. Wonder if all those Republican women would react "no big deal he has the power to do it" like they did for Stone.
It would be the dumbest thing he would ever do politically. Not until reelected, or on the way out the door if not.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Too bad for Weinstein he was convicted in a state court. Trump has no authority there.

Reactions: hal2kilo

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Read this article very carefully.

Did anyone else see that?
Rape in New York is punishable by up to FOUR YEARS in prison!
Anyone else think that happened because a bunch of New York politicians got caught raping women and had the laws changed before they could be sentenced?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Anyone else think that happened because a bunch of New York politicians got caught raping women and had the laws changed before they could be sentenced?

There are several different degrees of rape. Weinstein was not convicted on the top count which would have resulted in minimum 10 years.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

I haven't dug into the specifics but he was convicted of 3rd degree rape and acquitted of 1st degree rape. I would assume the punishment for 1st degree rape is more.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
They don't care either.
647_101416062152.jpg

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

I'm thinking "yes"

remember that all those Republican women still vocally support the serial rapist and pedophile Trump. They simply don't gaf.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'm thinking "yes"

remember that all those Republican women still vocally support the serial rapist and pedophile Trump. They simply don't gaf.
Forgot all those Republican women who voted for Roy Moore. Black women saved Ala. Democrats doing the right thing again despite immoral conservatives.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
It would be the dumbest thing he would ever do politically. Not until reelected, or on the way out the door if not.

Actually, it would be the greatest coup for the MAGA trolls if Trump’s surrogates hint at the possibility of a pardon, Weinstein donates millions to Trump’s campaign/PACs to make it happen, and then Trump still lets him rot in jail. Sticking it to the liberal elites!!!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Actually, it would be the greatest coup for the MAGA trolls if Trump’s surrogates hint at the possibility of a pardon, Weinstein donates millions to Trump’s campaign/PACs to make it happen, and then Trump still lets him rot in jail. Sticking it to the liberal elites!!!
He does make good movies

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Wasn't the DA in LA waiting for the NY case to resolve itself before deciding if they were going to charge him as well?