Weekly Stats - 10MAR2019

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aurum

Apr 16, 2017
I personally will have to get back to WCG-Tuberculosis and push for my 10 year badge before the project ends. IF I can get tasks, it shouldn't take me but 48 hours or so....

Sorry, I keep sucking up every HST that comes along going for my 20 year badge. Should I share???

BTW, in reading the PI's memo I'm convinced HST will continue for years. She got a new grad student and other staff.

Aurum

Apr 16, 2017
Someone asked if I'd done the Formula BOINC Marathon before and I guess I did as an unwitting member of Team Gridcoin. But since communication is very poor I didn't know it. Time to rebalance.
In trying to get my head around the FB I've been trying to decide how to make the biggest impact and made some graphics. We're in 10th Place and my immediate thought is to focus on 8th & 9th Places and see what we can pass them up on. That way they take a hit & we get a bump. The second table (below) is my rough guesstimate of which projects move us up to 8th Place the fastest. So starting last night I began deploying some heavy metal to my leading projects.

BTW, DHEP and Asteroids make an excellent pairing since Asteroids needs so little CPU time DHEP will use every CPU thread.
For YoYo I pair it with Einstein & Milkyway at 1.0/0.5 CPU/GPU.

FB 8-9-10.jpg FB xls 8-9-10.jpg

Reactions: biodoc

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Asteroids' CPU application actually has higher points/Watt than their GPU application, last time I checked. However, running Asteroids on GPUs is a good option when the CPUs are occupied otherwise, of course.

Edit,
In trying to get my head around the FB I've been trying to decide how to make the biggest impact and made some graphics.
Sébastien (operator of Formula BOINC and member of LAF) programmed a whole site which monitors opportunities and threats for LAF. Last year we were near LAF in a few marathons, and so I used their site for our own purposes. :-)
Click on "Classement FB" / "Comparatif détaillé" for graphs in individual projects. (Only showing 2 teams in front of LAF + 2 teams behind.)
Click "Classement FB" / "Synthèse de l'éqipe" to look up summaries for any other team, e.g. ours. RAC sur 3 jours means average PPD of the last three days. From that chart you can click to a per-project chart with all league 1 teams.

Last edited:

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
PS,
in 2018, we made 626 FB points in total. Of that, 252 were from marathons* and 374 were from the 21 sprints. This year, sprint points will harder to come by for us because [H]ard|OCP and XtremeSystems were moved from league 2 to league 1.

*) edit, and several of the marathons where we had many points were projects which have only intermittent supply of tasks (e.g. MindModeling), were difficult to run (e.g. Cosmology with server problems and/or low rate of task creation during several months), or ended early (Sztaki). I.e. those were projects where our vigilance compensated for our lower headcount.

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeTony