Weekend with a Q

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
You would. The ones with content go over your head.

How was that?

My intention is to offer what I see, that we live in a prison created by ego attachment to unconsciously held assumption we have never examined. It is a prison because nobody wants to see it.

To be able to see into what for others is darkness confers a capacity to be incredibly cruel. To be constantly bombarded by the naive opinions and nastiness of others goes with the territory. I am describing facts about others they don’t want to see but which I see because I see them in me. To see them only means I have a somewhat better chance not to act out, not immunity from the temptation.

Captante is, in my opinion, an example of an arrogant bully who shields himself from self recognition behind endless wiseachering.

As in the cattle slaughterhouse the way to put down a bull in a China shop trampling over other people’s dignity, and all while crying he’s the victim, warrants, or at least provokes me to use a sludge hammer.
Damnit

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Motostu

Oct 5, 2020
I've fortunately not had to deal directly with anyone that far gone. I do have an old high school classmate (whom I've only kept up with on Facebook) that went down the rabbit hole. His posts started getting crazy and nutty around 2 years ago. Kept it up for a while after Biden was sworn in, then disappeared. I found out later he'd created a new profile; not sure if one of his other friends was debunking his posts or what happened. Regardless, it saved me the trouble of having to unfriend him to clean that shit out of my feed.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It's not that you mindless twit.... the short/witty posts are entertaining and the long ones where you critique everyone else are a sad cry for help.

You WANT me to start breaking down the moronic BS you post over and over and over like it's some kind of retarded philosophy-lesson?

Careful what you ask for.
Please anything but that. Keep that dangerous animal on a chain. There is no way in hell I’m giving you permission to do your worst. You have a moral responsibility to be a nice person. Keep it that way. Your good behavior is already a killer. I have girl hormones and am intimidated by your manliness.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Please anything but that. Keep that dangerous animal on a chain. There is no way in hell I’m giving you permission to do your worst. You have a moral responsibility to be a nice person. Keep it that way. Your good behavior is already a killer. I have girl hormones and am intimidated by your manliness.

Bwahahahahaha ..... no worries you're too insignificant to go to the trouble.

Also I wasn't aware that "having girl-hormones" was some kind of insult.... you're far more pathetic than "elite" bro and your true colors are shining through.

Anyway MY BAD for continuing to treat you as if you were a competent and decent human being.

EDIT: And just like you all I'm "obligated" to do is eat, crap and die.

;)

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Also I wasn't aware that "having girl-hormones" was some kind of insult.... you're far more pathetic than "elite" bro and your true colors are shining through.

Anyway MY BAD for continuing to treat you as if you were a competent and decent human being.
As if you can help yourself.

• Haha

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
As if you can help yourself.

Nah ... I'm in good shape... you're just a pompous clown.

Don't let the big bad bully make you cry.

(The same one who PM'ed you awhile back to see if you were okay remember you big dork? I suppose in your twisted little world it was all self-serving though right? What a joke.)

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Your blinders could stand to lose a few hundred tons.

Oh I have my problems just like everyone else but thinking I'm Gods gift to the world of intellect isn't one of them.

When one or two people tell you something about yourself it's okay to ignore it BUT when nearly EVERYONE tells you the same thing again and again it's time to start paying attention ding-dong.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
The few I talk to see the Republican party as the lessor of two evils, not the solution.
Is that YOUR thinking also?

Considering the wacko stuff Q people believe, I think their thoughts on which party is the lesser of two evils isn't entirely to be trusted.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

EDIT: And just like you all I'm "obligated" to do is eat, crap and die.

;)
I'm way too insignificant for you to bother with as you continue to do for the umpteen millionth time yet even the 'elite' thingi galls you. You don't think that's two different cases of our true colors shining through?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I'm way too insignificant for you to bother with as you continue to do for the umpteen millionth time yet even the 'elite' thingi galls you. You don't think that's two different cases of our true colors shining through?

I never claimed that I don't act like a dick sometimes since I'm just a flawed and imperfect human unlike the fabulous Moon-pie....

:rolleyes: :D

The difference between you and I is when I frack up I tend to FEEL BAD and apologize for doing it.

EDIT: Anyway for once you're right.... high time to have a name on my "ignore" list again.

Last edited:

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Is that YOUR thinking also?

Considering the wacko stuff Q people believe, I think their thoughts on which party is the lesser of two evils isn't entirely to be trusted.
I suffer from being a moderate that's staunchly behind the constitution. I understand that's the equivalent of being a rabid, gun toting, minority hating, bible thumping republican around here, but I can live with that, as I'm not all that concerned about what the far left or right think of me.

• Haha
Reactions: dank69

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I never claimed that I don't act like a dick sometimes since I'm just a flawed and imperfect human unlike the fabulous Moon-pie....

:rolleyes: :D

The difference between you and I is when I frack up I tend to FEEL BAD and apologize for doing it.

EDIT: Anyway for once you're right.... high time to have a name on my "ignore" list again.
Don't ignore Moonie, he's a good guy, just a little misunderstood. I'm far more of an asshole than he is, and we get along well enough.

• Haha

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I suffer from being a moderate that's staunchly behind the constitution. I understand that's the equivalent of being a rabid, gun toting, minority hating, bible thumping republican around here, but I can live with that, as I'm not all that concerned about what the far left or right think of me.

My take is that aside from you being slightly right of center and me slightly left we actually agree on a lot of issues.

Unfortunately on the internet (not just AT P&N) there's a strong tendency to "pile on" anyone with a non-mainstream opinion.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Don't ignore Moonie, he's a good guy, just a little misunderstood. I'm far more of an asshole than he is, and we get along well enough.

I really really tried not to but it just got too annoying.... tell you what I'll do what my friend @DigDog suggested and just "take a break" from him for awhile fair enough?

;)

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
The Dem party ARE the moderates and centrists. Yes there is a left wing to it, but their policy wishes mostly don't get passed.
The GOP are pretty right wing in their current form. Or do you disagree?