Weed is now for sale in NJ!

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
This is so weird. People in NJ can now order weed online, or go straight to one of the 12 weed shops in the state. I feel like I'm going to break the law and get arrested.

EHT is about 30m drive from my home. I had no idea that I could order this stuff online.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Given how many other states it's happened in, it's not all that weird anymore!
I've done an online order for in-store pickup a couple times, but typically only when I'm looking for a specific strain.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Congrats! :)

Adult-use sales were slated to begin May 1st in CT too but I'm not sure if that's written in stone since the dispensaries supposedly are not ready.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Given how many other states it's happened in, it's not all that weird anymore!
I've done an online order for in-store pickup a couple times, but typically only when I'm looking for a specific strain.
I've always done the online order/pickup option otherwise i'm just overwhelmed by choice and availability and just buy too much

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I'm waiting to see how many people from philly side end up going to a shop, then driving across the bridge back home. I'm sure there will be cops parked watching and waiting for this.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I'm waiting to see how many people from philly side end up going to a shop, then driving across the bridge back home. I'm sure there will be cops parked watching and waiting for this.

I'm sure if they happen to catch you with NJ weed you'll at least get a ticket for it but I'm equally sure they will not be pulling people over en-masse to search them for weed.

The cops have plenty of real crime to keep them occupied in South Philly! (especially since under 30 grams of weed is de-criminalized there)

:p

Last edited:
Reactions: Ajay and dank69

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
If we see them by July I'll be surprised.

Fortunately as I've mentioned I have a med-card so when doesn't really matter that much to me. In fact I think its a good idea making sure supplies are sufficient for med-patients before adult-use kicks in.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Weed was always for sale in NJ ;) :p
I knew the son of someone who was once the provost of Princeton University. He did the Midnight Express thing before it became a movie. Took a bunch of bribes also to get him out. (My mom's was sorority sister of his mother.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Captante

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Cops don't care about that, it's a federal crime to cross state lines with it. Feds don't care about it either.

Reactions: pete6032

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Congrats! :)

Adult-use sales were slated to begin May 1st in CT too but I'm not sure if that's written in stone since the dispensaries supposedly are not ready.

Or could drive to MA and buy it legally now and bring it back. They better get moving fast on getting the CT stores open. All I seen so far is various towns passing prohibitions against them.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Or could drive to MA and buy it legally now and bring it back. They better get moving fast on getting the CT stores open. All I seen so far is various towns passing prohibitions against them.
Yeah I've been going to NETA since they opened. Would be nice not to have to drive so far.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
It really is time for this to get legalized federally. I have a disk issue in my back and have been prescribed various schedule 5 and 2 drugs that resulted in minimal gain for rather substantial side effects or interactions to consider. With the exception of injections into my spine a mix of 1:2 THC:CDB has far exceeded any prescription I've gotten in terms of pain and inflammation reduction. I had never tried it before my back problems and was rather surprised how exceptionally well it worked for me compared to prescription options. This is a fairly similar story to my journey: PT, drugs, limitations on driving and sleeping etc

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Yeah I've been going to NETA since they opened. Would be nice not to have to drive so far.

Depending on where you're coming from I always liked Mass Alternative-Care in Springfield.

INSA and Theory (also in Springfield) are both good too but more expensive.

Reactions: dank69

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I don't use it but I'm all in favor of legalizing it, especially if it leads to more medical research on the medicinal benefits of it.

Reactions: Captante

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
The House passed a bill a month or two ago. I have no idea why the Senate hasn't picked it up-except reported many GOP oppose it. Let's get this people on record BEFORE the election. Latest polls says 2/3 of Americans want legalization on the state and federal level.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Hmm 420 was 3 days ago now.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Depending on where you're coming from I always liked Mass Alternative-Care in Springfield.

INSA and Theory (also in Springfield) are both good too but more expensive.
INSA in Springfield used to be medical only.

it took some time, but there’s a lot more options now. There’s one out Sturbridge way if 84 is more to you liking.

CT should just get a move on it already, all I used to see on the highways in 2021 and 2022 were billboards for shops in MA, seems a bit ridiculous.

Reactions: Captante and dank69

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This is so weird. People in NJ can now order weed online, or go straight to one of the 12 weed shops in the state. I feel like I'm going to break the law and get arrested.

EHT is about 30m drive from my home. I had no idea that I could order this stuff online.

Really, online? I was going to drive 45 minutes but I heard lines are really long. My mother lives in NJ I'll just have it sent there.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Really, online? I was going to drive 45 minutes but I heard lines are really long. My mother lives in NJ I'll just have it sent there.

you know if you frame your mother the popo will just confiscate her house and you get nothing right? :p

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
INSA in Springfield used to be medical only.

it took some time, but there’s a lot more options now. There’s one out Sturbridge way if 84 is more to you liking.

CT should just get a move on it already, all I used to see on the highways in 2021 and 2022 were billboards for shops in MA, seems a bit ridiculous.

I have a med-card so not required.... I have a great dispensary right up the street from me in New Haven now!

;)

Affinity Wellness

I used to go to the INSA in Easthampton MA (by Mt Tom ski area) but now that one is medical-only ... swapped with the one in Springfield apparently?

My favorite used to actually be RISE in Amhurst but they also went med-only for some reason.